Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh...

Six years of no incidents and one month before my 2013 Crosstrek is paid off I hit some ice going slow on an uphill dirt road. Into a ditch I went. I heard a sharp "bam!" as my right side dropped but I was able to pull out of it quickly. Everything looked (and worked) fine until I noticed the right side of my front bumper had a crack directly underneath and on the rounding of the black molding. Body shop quoted me $500 for parts and labor (new aftermarket bumper, paint, and labor).

Thoughts, sympathies, finger waving, or cheaper solutions?

Anything I should make sure to check under the hood? Car is driving fine without any pull to one side or strange sounds/vibrations.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ugh..Sorry to hear about the christening. Most, if not all of us have it happen.

I'm thinking a heat gun could smooth it out for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to investigate those repair options.

I suppose the "christening" is a right of a passage.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There's also 2 plastic support brackets that connect the lower bumper to the frame by the radiator for support. I snapped both of mine during a "curb check" and it caused the front bumper to vibrate a bit. They are cheap and easy to replace if yours are broken.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just judging from your photo, it looks minor, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do want to buy a new bumper, I have an extra one in almost-new condition you can have. It's pearl white.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pearl white? Hmmm. My car is Tangerine orange pearl. Not certain I want a creamsicle colored vehicle. ;-)

But I do appreciate the offer. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts