Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So short story is that I am a VW/Audi guy but the girlfriend bought a 2020 Crosstrek Limited about a month ago. Just like with my top of the line VW Alltrack I was annoyed with the factory mix and LED/Filament bulb installations. All went well changing bulbs out until I got to the front turn signals. Tried about 5 different mid-premium range bulbs and they would be fine until they heated up then hyper-flash. I did not want to cut/alter any wires with resistors and wanted to keep the bulb seal in factory housing.

SOLUTION:
I could never find the turn signal socket by itself but noticed a Denso/Toyota part number on a different harness and went down a rabbit hole. Discovered the bulb socket unplugs separately from the harness and found that male/female harness.

I searched for the harness and went the lazy route off of Ebay with the versions that already have wires in them. The parts can be purchased from Toyota dealer stock but don't have pins/plugs in them. It also seems the harness was used for the Toyota Camry power steering pump or something so I found some used ones for a little cheaper. FYI.. (1) spot on plug is Negative and (2) + (3) are positives. (2) is only position active at least with Limited projector headlights but I also wired (3) to use both filaments since Subaru still used a 7443 socket.

I first tested the harness with the Philips 21w resistors but those didnt work after heating up and hyper-flash demon returned. So I used some 50w resistors I had from a 7443 harness I had ordered off of Ebay. The link I put below are the resistors I used but I'm sure any 50w ones would work.

So yes the finished product isn't pretty but that's mainly because I was messing with things soo much. That last pic is it installed on driver's side. I ran my self test of blinker each blinker running for 5 minutes too get things scorching hot and no hyper-flash. Tested engine on and just ignition on. Cheers.

PARTS:

-Led Amber Turn Signal Bulbs: JDM ASTAR 2x 7443/7440 1400lm LED Turn Signal Light Bulb Amber Yellow High Power | eBay

-Male Harness Adapter 11016: 1x Connector 3 Pin 3-way for Toyota Headlight 90980-11016 | eBay

-Female Harness Adapter 11015: 1x Male Connector 3-way 3 pin for Toyota Headlight 90980-11015 | eBay

-50w Resistors: 7443 LED Rear Turn Signal Load Resistor Adapter Anti Hyper Flash Error Canceler | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why didn’t you just buy these?

I did. Talked to Lasfit a couple of times. Tried CK version and regular. CK didn't work at all and regular worked for a bit then started hyper flash after heating up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts