Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Went to my dealer for 2nd oil change yesterday. So as I walk through the showroom I see a beautiful Khaki Crosstrek just awaiting someone to buy it. I remarked to a salesperson how much I love that color and he says,"did you see all the others"? "Well yes, I have, online"....."no, out on the lot" he says. "How many do you have"? I ask. "Oh, 6 or 7"....WHAT! I was shocked but sure enough, I walk out to the lot and there are 2 Black, 1 white, 1 blue, , 1 silver and one tangerine with a manual transmission! All the others were CVT. I come back in and he says"in the next month or so, we're scheduled to get 21". 21! I couldn't believe it either but if you want one, its Crews Subaru in Charleston, SC. If you are a member of CCt and fly in to buy one- I will pick you up personally in my XV at Charleston International and take you to the dealer free of charge....No, I am not a employee, nor do I have any affiliation with dealer whatsoever. Just couldn't believe how many they had and how many they are getting- you might be able to get a good deal with that many on the lot. I'll leave this offer out there for 7 days- can't commit beyond that.

Disclaimer: No crying babies will be transported to dealer! Ok, maybe just 1 since its a short ride. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
The South seems to be flooding with XVs right now. Hilton Head Subaru doesn't have the array of colors, but they seem to have more than expected sitting on their lot. This is Outback territory, so they are having to work to move the XV line-ups.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like there are deals to be had possibly.....but 21?! I'm still shakin my head!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sounds awesome RubySu! Can't wait til there are more of us out on the road, and in the Club!

That's a great offer you are making- anyone lurking on the forum or thinking about buying should seriously consider it!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tell ya! I got NO deal from them when I bought mine 6 mos. ago! I mean it though, me and the Mrs. will pick them up ....just doing our part to spread the Subaru love!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from currently has 17 on the lot and has 12 more in transit. That's insane! To think I was the very first one to buy it from them, in October.
http://www.belairsubaru.com/

I don't really see them anywhere, it's rare. So many people ask about it though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AlexAlejan said:
If you want to come my way, you have:

to pick from!!!!

http://www.fitzmall.com/
I think we've reached a tipping point! I'm guessing we're going to see a "few" more on the highways and byways...which is cool 8)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Wow! Last time I was at Subaru of Santa Monica (about three weeks ago) they had one...ONE! In Los Angeles, one of the biggest markets in the country. I am assuming their inventory will bump up soon.

I did read a couple months back that Subaru had to increase the production of Crosstreks by TEN times this year because they were selling so fast, so maybe we're starting to see those hit the shelves.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There's been some to do about this in the European press. Brands strongarm their dealers into having absurdly big stocks in order to get their sales figures up. This might explain Subaru's "record sales" in march...

That being said, over here the wait for an XV is becoming extremely long. I lucked out with mine, because if you order one now it's a four month wait minimum.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wow. I checked my local dealer here in Ventura County, CA where I bought mine and they had 13 the past two weeks and now they have 11. Don't know if people here know about the Crosstrek where I live but I've seen a few around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There are just a handful of dealers out here in so-Cal, but they all seemed to have a few when I shopped a month ago. All told I'd say there were maybe 150 cars on the ground out here, which to me doesn't seem like that many. My local Chevy dealer here has more pickup trucks than that on their lot right now.

I still got what I think was a good deal. Got an internet quote that was about $1400 under MSRP. Seems to me there's only about $1500 profit at sticker. They sure whined about the quote I had already gotten when we were working the deal. And I had an appraisal from CarMax on my trade that was a grand more than they wanted to give me. All in all, it made a pretty big difference in the lease payment. I got the dealer money rate program too, made them show me their rate sheet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts