Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Awesome pics, man! The Crosstrek looks better and better the more I see of it. My local dealer still doesn't have any in stock, just two "in transit". Hopefully they'll get them in soon. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem. I got lucky and my local dealer got the first three in LA on October 20th. I went that day and test drove then bought it. Have to say it is the biggest spontaneous purchase I have ever made. ;) Even the dealer people were saying they expected them around October 31st or later so I lucked out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
great pics thanks for sharing!

Got said:
Great photos. Looks nice and warm and dry. Toooo much rain in the Pacific North West. I have yet to drive my Crosstrek on a dry day. :(
the wetness is where a subaru can excel! enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Definitely enjoying the pictures! It's what the Subaru XV is all about, weekend wilderness wanderer, yet still good as an urban daily driver.

And yes, rain = advantage for AWD vehicles, especially Subarus with the Symmetrical AWD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
awesome pics, man! Have you done a lot/any mountain road climbing? I am wondering how the Crosstrek does up a constant incline. I have taken a 4cyl Corolla up from sea level to about 7000 feet and the car struggled the whole time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AWDking said:
awesome pics, man! Have you done a lot/any mountain road climbing? I am wondering how the Crosstrek does up a constant incline. I have taken a 4cyl Corolla up from sea level to about 7000 feet and the car struggled the whole time.
I have taken it to around Big Bear Lake, CA (http://jascha.me/2012/11/12/adventure-log-big-bear-lake/) and it performed great! There was a lot of driving on steep, rough dirt roads with no issue. On the twisty highway drive up I had it in virtual manual mode on the CVT to keep the revs up and enjoy the twisty stuff a bit more. All around enjoyable considering I took it on some serious dirt roads right after.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
jascha said:
AWDking said:
I have taken it to around Big Bear Lake, CA (http://jascha.me/2012/11/12/adventure-log-big-bear-lake/) and it performed great! There was a lot of driving on steep, rough dirt roads with no issue. On the twisty highway drive up I had it in virtual manual mode on the CVT to keep the revs up and enjoy the twisty stuff a bit more. All around enjoyable considering I took it on some serious dirt roads right after.
That's good to know for me, since I have done the Big Bear trip many o' times. In my current 2003 Impreza that climb is pretty rough, hoping the Crosstrek handles it much better!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
jascha said:
AWDking said:
Your article put a huge ;D on my face! The adventure! The light off-roading! ZOMFG!!! Awesome stuff!

Oh and, since you did manage to scrape the stock plastic skid plates a bit, any plans to upgrade to aluminum skid plates?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Awesome pics. Just got my crosstrek and the wife and I already thinking of somewhere to take it. The Mojave looks beautiful!

·
Registered
800 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Deserts are great, but I bet you have some awesome mountain terrain to drive up in the Northeast area.
Yep we do, too many mountains to pick from. I went to wedding in the Catskill Mtns in NY a few months ago, and some of those hills were a challenge for me 2000 altima. Wish I had my crosstrek back then! My brother in law lives in new hampshire so we might take a trip up there sometime later this year.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Deserts are great, but I bet you have some awesome mountain terrain to drive up in the Northeast area.
Yep we do, too many mountains to pick from. I went to wedding in the Catskill Mtns in NY a few months ago, and some of those hills were a challenge for me 2000 altima. Wish I had my crosstrek back then! My brother in law lives in new hampshire so we might take a trip up there sometime later this year.
Sounds great. We have some nice mountains surrounding LA but nothing like back east (at least as far as I've gone).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts