Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching 5 months for a metal key blank I could use to open the door if I lock my transponder key in my Crosstrek. Actually I've been paranoid about it.
Locksmiths usually look in the catalog and say "Nope, not available". Today I found a locksmith that took the time to look at the 200 key blanks she had on the wall. Long story short she FOUND a GM key blank the fits. GM? Who Knew?
The blank is Ilco brand and has 2 numbers on it -- P1114 and B110. So now I have 2 emergency keys for $5.00!
CAUTION: The new key will open the drivers door only and WILL set off the alarm. Only the transponder key will shut off the alarm when you push "lock" button or start the car. Do NOT try to start the car with this Ilco key.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good find! what happened to your third key (valet) when you got your XV?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have it. Keep it in a sports equipment bag I use on weekends. The 2 new keys are "insurance"

·
Registered
927 Posts
Steve_F said:
I still have it. Keep it in a sports equipment bag I use on weekends. The 2 new keys are "insurance"

Gotchya 8)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thank you so much! I keep a key in my wallet in case of locked-in keys and haven't yet sought out a blank to fit. So glad you posted!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want to Thank you! I also keep a key in my wallet in case of locked-in but the locksmith could not find keys blank to fit.

I look up the numbers in the Ilco catalog and found these two GM trucks that match the numbers P1114/B110 hope this additional info help out.

A GM key blank that fits.
2004-2006 C/K PickUp, Silverado Typhone
2004-2012 Colorado-Crew/Extended/Regular Cab

·
Registered
603 Posts
So... Now I'm wondering why I didn't get valet key? Grrrr.
Did everyone get one? My dealer said the car doesn't come with one.

·
Registered
500 Posts
avimia said:
So... Now I'm wondering why I didn't get valet key? Grrrr.
Did everyone get one? My dealer said the car doesn't come with one.
yes. All XVs should come with two standard keys and a valet key (in the us at least, my understanding is that it's the same way in other countries.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank again Steve_F for the info on the key blanks.

Just came back from the locksmith who made a key for $2.00. She was happy I had the information and kept the paper for future reference for other Subaru owners.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone is keeping score...I got three keys with mine.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Steve_F said:
...Today I found a locksmith that took the time to look at the 200 key blanks she had on the wall. Long story short she FOUND a GM key blank the fits. GM? Who Knew?
The blank is Ilco brand and has 2 numbers on it -- P1114 and B110. So now I have 2 emergency keys for $5.00!...
Finally got around to visiting a locksmith today. They also had this key blank in stock. Five minutes and $5 later, I have two emergency keys as well. One for the wallet and one for bike seat bags.

Seriously, thanks again for posting this thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good Plan! There is an old Army saying, "One is none, two is one". Looks like I will be going to get one of these soon. Way to be prepared.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Grab some industrial Velcro from Lowes and and water proof black duct tape and make it yourself. You can make 10 of those for $5! Smaller, lighter and more concealable as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts