Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interested in meeting some fellow AZ Crosstrek owners and going on a one-day off-road adventure to see some of the best scenery AZ has to offer? This is the event for you. The route will take us on some very scenic forest roads with a little bit of challenge (but nothing a stock Crosstrek can't handle easily!). The entire route is 230 miles (about a third dirt) and will be a day long event arriving back in the valley late afternoon.

When: Saturday March 19, 2016 7:30AM
Where: Meet at McDonald's in Fountain Hills (16936 E Shea Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268)
What: Be gassed up in your Crosstrek and ready to go by no later than 8:00AM. We'll meet inside for a coffee/McMuffin and chat beginning at 7:30 and have a brief drivers info meeting at 8:00 before departing. Our route will take us NE over Four Peaks (stop at the top to re-group and chat) and down to Roosevelt Lake where we'll head east to the Desert to Tall Pines Highway (288) and north through some beautiful country to Young AZ, the site of the Pleasant Valley War between 1887 and 1897 . We'll stop at Antlers Cafe in Young for lunch and more socializing before heading north again to AZ 260 and into Payson. We'll stop in Payson at the DQ for a treat before heading home to the Valley. Anyone heading north or west to the Flagstaff or Prescott areas can break off in Payson.

Google map of route here

Looking south toward Four Peaks from atop 288

Heading into Young (Pleasant Valley)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock 4th-gen Impreza friendly? haha ;)
Stock Impreza might be fine just take it slower. Last time I was up there it was a little rougher but a couple guys in completely stock newish Forester came up no prob. Everything else for the day is graded forest road a stock Corolla could do. :D

Here's the whole 4 Peaks road to the top and down the other side from some dirt bike guys last year. https://youtu.be/RiaKIl6fQbE

·
Registered
137 Posts
Easy peasy... I was over there a couple of months ago and drove from Hwy 60 to Cibecue then took forest road NF12 I believe all the way over the mountain to Young and then down into Roosevelt Lake. That forest road was awesome, had to cross a couple of streams and ride the river bed a bit as well. My little XV Burro handled it no problem...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
603 Posts
Is this an old post? (I can't keep track of all the info bits on this site). Ol' granny here would LOVE to go on a Trek convoy with our Arizonans some time. My baby girl is my garage queen, so I don't take her off road... ever! But, if a road trip convoy ever comes up, hit granny up. I'd love to see a gob of Trek's riding around in Phoenix and surrounding areas! That would be the bomb!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did this event get a lot of traffic? The Subaru scene isn't very good down in Tucson, so I was hoping to meet up with some folks in the Phx area.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi Megizona. I never heard anything more as far as updates on this. It would be awesome to have a Crosstrek meet up. I think there were a few in the PHX area. But, that was quite a few years ago. I see a lot more Crosstreks on the road up here now too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Megizona. I never heard anything more as far as updates on this. It would be awesome to have a Crosstrek meet up. I think there were a few in the PHX area. But, that was quite a few years ago. I see a lot more Crosstreks on the road up here now too.
Please keep me updated if you hear anything! I know there's a pretty heavy Forester group in the Phoenix area. But I've been cut out of their crew since I swapped to my Crosstrek. Blood is thicker than water I guess!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sure will and please do the same if you hear of anything. I admit, I wouldn't be interested if it was anything but all Crosstreks though (that would just look sooo cool going down the roads)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts