Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saw another Crosstrek on the road. Driving home from work (southband on the 680 over the Martinez bridge) on Friday and spotted a white Crosstrek. Pulled up alongside for a few seconds to try to get the attention of the driver and passenger (a young Asian woman and middle-aged Asian man, respectively), but they were intent on the road ahead of them. I'm glad that my little Crosstrek is pretty unique on the road, but it's also nice to see a fellow XV driver.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
I've only seen one in the vicinity of San Jose at a school.

It seriously caught me off guard because the only other ones I've seen are at dealers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
At a quick glance, though I saw one yesterday, but it was a 5-door Impreza.
I think in the last 6 months, I've only seen 2 new 5-door Imprezas & a couple WRXs.

They just aren't very common around here (Houston, TX).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
HoustonXV said:
At a quick glance, though I saw one yesterday, but it was a 5-door Impreza.
I think in the last 6 months, I've only seen 2 new 5-door Imprezas & a couple WRXs.

They just aren't very common around here (Houston, TX).
Not to play into the stereotype, but do a lot of people in Texas have the mindset, "If I'm gonna have AWD/4WD then I will get a truck"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Keep an eye out because i just picked one up on 02/12/13 from Capitol Subaru. They had about 10 on their lot and was told this was the most inventory they've had on this model. I ended up with a Silver Crosstrek.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
spyder720 said:
Keep an eye out because i just picked one up on 02/12/13 from Capitol Subaru. They had about 10 on their lot and was told this was the most inventory they've had on this model. I ended up with a Silver Crosstrek.
Looks like I'll be on the lookout for a Silver XV next time I'm in San Jose :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
HoustonXV said:
At a quick glance, though I saw one yesterday, but it was a 5-door Impreza.
I think in the last 6 months, I've only seen 2 new 5-door Imprezas & a couple WRXs.

They just aren't very common around here (Houston, TX).
Nope but there's one more on the road - mine. If you seen an Orange XV on the road anytime soon it's probably me. I have seen one other one recently. I think it was black - driving on Washington.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Within San Jose I've seen 2 other XV's. Both off of Hamilton and San Tomas Expy. I saw an Orange XV and the blue XV at that intersection but at different times.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
I hope I can join the Bay Area XV crowd in a year.

But I feel that time will pass quickly and next thing I know I'll have one.


Question is, how many of you Bay Area drivers are willing to go on some crazy adventures with me when I'm back to the USA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
AWDfreak said:
I hope I can join the Bay Area XV crowd in a year.

But I feel that time will pass quickly and next thing I know I'll have one.


Question is, how many of you Bay Area drivers are willing to go on some crazy adventures with me when I'm back to the USA?
It's amazing how fast a year flies by these days. I'd be down, of course depending on my work schedule, for an adventure somewhere in California, maybe meet halfway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
We'll be down for a XV Crosstrek meet and trip in Cali, but what is your term of "crazy" LOL

AWDfreak said:
I hope I can join the Bay Area XV crowd in a year.

But I feel that time will pass quickly and next thing I know I'll have one.


Question is, how many of you Bay Area drivers are willing to go on some crazy adventures with me when I'm back to the USA?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
XVBRZgirl said:
We'll be down for a XV Crosstrek meet and trip in Cali, but what is your term of "crazy" LOL

AWDfreak said:
I hope I can join the Bay Area XV crowd in a year.

But I feel that time will pass quickly and next thing I know I'll have one.


Question is, how many of you Bay Area drivers are willing to go on some crazy adventures with me when I'm back to the USA?
Spirited mountain road drives and light 4-wheelin' action. But unfortunately, my plans to get an XV have been put on hold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Picked up my Desert Khaki this December at Capital Subaru and have seen a Tangerine orange and silver on Bear Creek Road, a white one parked nose to nose with me at Trader Joe's in Santa Cruz, and a Black one with ads (Beck shoes) on Bear Creek also.

They are definitely getting more popular! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Saw an orange one being towed by a motorhome with a tow hitch and all 4 on the ground :/ if I am right that is not good at all. I am not aware of a mod to do that safely.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top