Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
contrail_25 said:
I've counted 5 other than me. I wonder if you were the Khaki Crosstrek I saw down in Nob Hill about a month ago.
Nope. Couldn't be me. I..sniff sniff...don't have mine yet...sniff. I have yet to see a Khaki on the road. Only 2 at the dealer.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I dunno if you true New Mexicans will count it, but I consider NM my second home. Was born and lived in Clovis the first five years of my life. I've spent several of my last five summers around Santa Fe, as well as a 16 month period in there, and I'll actually be back for two months as of tomorrow.

Does that count?

And for the record, I'm on my way out in my khaki XV with my bikes strapped on the back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Clovis eh? That's going to be home for the next four years.

I'm looking into expanding my mtn bike horizons, might take a trip over to White Mesa NW of town. I'm still a pretty new rider, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm pretty spoiled to ride out my garage and 5 minutes later be up in the open space. Though I'm getting tire of rude 'look at my cool bike' mtn bikers. Not getting on my high horse, but I'm always looking ahead and down hill. If I see someone that's going to be coming up hill, I'll wait. I always let hikers know when I'm approaching from behind, ect.

Yesterday I was on one of the longer steeps and had to get out of the way of a group of five going down hill. They had no intention of stopping or moving over. Really irked me. I don't think my sarcastic 'thanks' got the point across. I also run up in the same trails and have been run off the trail more than once. Next time I don't have my dog with me, I'm going to play dumb as if I don't hear them from behind and stand my ground.

Off the high horse I wasn't on. ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm all about justifiable high horses. I have a similar personality when it comes to that sort of thing. I'm actually pretty new to the mountain biking world too. The trails back in Kentucky are somewhat scarce. I plan on finding a few places in the SF area to ride. I'm new to it, but I'm really becoming a sucker for the single track

Clovis is your home for four years... by the choice of USAF? My father was stationed there in the 80s and loved it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I actually asked to go to Cannon. Closest base to home (Colorado) that I can go to. Considering folks pretty much never ask to go there, the AF was more than happy to oblige.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well that's fantastic. My father requested it at one point in his career and they tried to send him back two or three times after he'd been there and gone.

Love the area though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congratulations!! Good color for our Southwestern world too!

The khaki color really seems to be catching on too!

Have fun and enjoy that Subiebluv. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts