Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several travel coffee mugs and none of them fit correctly in the center console. Anyone know of an insert that would make the stock holders smaller? Tried auto zone and Wal-Mart and haven't been able to find anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did see that when I searched the forums. I was hoping for something a little simpler, like something I could put into the existing holes to make them smaller. They have a dozen different options from organizers to ashtrays to fit in the cup holders...........................but nothing to make cups fit / fit better. ???

·
Registered
105 Posts
And don't put a small McD's coffee in them, they are too deep and the lid pops off and coffee will go to the bottom of the cupholder...

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the problem? I'm assuming they are too deep. I think they designed them like that for when you go on rougher terrain your drinks don't fall out.

I think you probably could line the cup holder with some card paper so it has the shape of the cup holder. Pull the card paper out and fill it with spray foam. Then cut to the depth you want and then place it back in.

Or something like this may work: http://www.amazon.com/Trademark-Shallow-Plastic-Holder-Tables/dp/B0055UBMAW

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magrath said:
What is the problem? I'm assuming they are too deep. I think they designed them like that for when you go on rougher terrain your drinks don't fall out.

I think you probably could line the cup holder with some card paper so it has the shape of the cup holder. Pull the card paper out and fill it with spray foam. Then cut to the depth you want and then place it back in.

Or something like this may work: http://www.amazon.com/Trademark-Shallow-Plastic-Holder-Tables/dp/B0055UBMAW
They are too wide. I like how deep they are, but the width means everything I put in there slides around. Guess a beer coozie or similar rig will have to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts