Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought these looked pretty slick; bought one pair last week and another pair this week. Magnetic pads that you heat up with the car's heater and then form to the shape of the pocket. $15/pair in the US includes shipping; I bought mine on eBay. Applied to my Khaki CVT named Buttercup...nothing but the best for my lady!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics here...and I drove over 500 highway miles with the front ones installed over the weekend. No problems with loosening.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they are magnetic and fully removable. You heat them up with the car heater to soften them initially so that they form to the curved cup-like shape.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I got some if these. I don't think magnetically on them are very strong. May put them on my Rover instead.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I opted to use the same material that they have on clear bras put on. My wife's Escape had them and I thought it was good. I like these as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice..thanks for the tip!

Sometimes it is the little touches that can add a bit of flair (or over-pimping I guess..depending on your stance..) Saw the thread in the forums about Cupeez and thought that was a pretty good idea since I'm often juggling a kid, a backpack, keys, and a few other things..so scratches sometimes happen. EDIT - Just be aware you get 2 per pack - so for 4 doors you need to order 2 packs!

BeachAV8R

·
Registered
69 Posts
I came across some adhesive clear ones on Amazon.com but these seem much better. Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna snatch some up. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Chrisp, thanks for the idea. I really like the looks of these on my Crosstrek

·
Registered
69 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
I do like the contrast they add a lot. Their magnetism/quality is strong enough to last?
Only time will tell but I would be sure to pre-wax underneath just in case of whatever. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
79 Posts
These are a great idea. Just placed an order

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had these on for over a year now. Haven't moved at all and I pass my car through those automated pressure washes all the time. Highly recommend for anyone with big hands (such as myself). I'm always hitting them with my fingernails and my paint would be scratched without them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts