Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for accommodating me! This is a great forum (wish I knew earlier):
- currently we own XV 2013. It has 82k miles. It is due for a tire change and R/R wheel bearing fix, this year (~1150$ expense).

Should we tradeup to Crosstrek 2020 this year or wait for 2021 when a major revamp on crosstrek is expected ?

- also if trading up to 2020 model this year. Any recommended list of add-ons to consider?
Here’s what I listed till now:
  • audio: Rockford fosgate (any reviews?)
  • cargo Cover, net, organizer (worth it goes from subaru Or buy from amazon?)
  • rear bumper cover
  • splash guard
  • led upgrade (dome lights)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi there. If what I've read in a few places is true, I would wait for the 2021. The 2021 XV's will be getting more HPs!! FINALLY I think the 2021 will have 185 HP instead of these tiny put-put engines we all have now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't really call it a "major revamp". It's really just a mid-cycle refresh. It's usually mostly cosmetic BUT, yes Subaru has confirmed that they will be offering a larger engine option in 2021. It will most likely be a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder and I've been told it will only be available on the Limited trim if that's something you'd be considering. The only complaint I ever hear about the Crosstrek is that it's underpowered so this could make it the perfect Crosstrek if you're willing to wait and fork out a little extra dough.

Also:
  • Rockford Fosgate is a really nice system that I almost prefer over the Harmon Kardon system in the Limited.
  • Rear bumper cover is a must have imo
  • splash guards are nice but not necessarily a must (depending on where you live)
  • led upgrade is nice but also not a must unless you have a bad habit of leaving your dome lights on and running out your battery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts