Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Customize your Sat/Nav Startup Screen- HOW TO....

12K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Xtrekr 
#1 ·
If you want to customize the Startup Screen when you turn on your XV from this....

You need an SD card ( not the NAV card ) with a quality JPEG formated image of your choice uploaded to the new SD Card...

1. Prior to turning on the ignition, eject your NAV SD Card and insert the new SD card with JPEG image loaded.
2. Turn the ignition to ACC and you will get to a screen with your JPEG image showing and menu at the bottom. PUSH STARTUP SCREEN in lower right of screen and you will come to this:

3. Confirm the overwrite and wait to it to upload and you are done!

To check it... turn off the ignition and turn it back on again.... your new Splash Screen will appear.

*** If you want to return to the default screen--- go to INFO>SETTINGS.... under Startup Screen, push INITIALIZE.***

Once you are happy with the JPEG of choice.... turn off the ignition, swap the SD Cards back to the NAV Card.

ENJOY!!!

EDIT: I guess this is in the book somewhere, but I didn't look hard enough..... oh well.

See less See more
#5 ·
UPDATE!

I did a little tweaking... I didn't like the 'gap' around the image...

So after trial and error in Photoshop CS4... I found that 900x480 is the perfect image size

If you like my image... here is a link to it... just right click and SAVE AS on your PC....

http://clubcrosstrek.com/gallery/60877_18_02_13_8_15_38.jpeg

ENJOY!!!

#6 ·
Thanks. I think we're going to need a custom startup screen gallery or thread.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Just hacked this together. Will try it in the morning.

And in orange...of course

#13 ·
Nice. It's too bad we can't use these as screensavers too.

#22 ·
Finally had a chance to upload one of the images I created to replace the startup screen. It's kind of basic but fits well with the red lighting.

#25 ·
I figured with some of us who dabble in Photoshop and other graphics programs.... we may be able to create some pretty cool Startup Screens for the Nav HU. I threw this one together for those with the Tangerine Orange color....

***If anyone has ideas.... don't hesitate to ask... I would be more than happy to help design a scheme for you.... I will do my best to accommodate your requests***

#26 ·
CrossTrekFan said:
Finally had a chance to upload one of the images I created to replace the startup screen. It's kind of basic but fits well with the red lighting.

This reminds me of my old Sony-Ericsson black/orange phone. Don't remember the model and had completely forgotten about it.

Random post, apologies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.