Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm Eric! My wife and I have been researching the Crosstrek XV since the end of September. That's when we purchase our second Subaru an '13 Outback 3.6R Limited in Twilight Blue Metallic with warm Ivory leather interior. My wife drives the Camry for work and can rack up the mileage quickly. In our research it did not make financial sense to jump into a second car payment at this time. Even though we would be able to afford it without hesitation. I'd rather have the money for the "what if" or "just in case" scenario. By the way, the Camry has been trouble-free since newly purchased. I do the maintenance and small repairs on both our vehicles. For the mean time we have put the Crosstrek on hold.

On the other hand my dad just traded his '12MY Impreza Premium 5-door with 11,xxx miles for a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium w/Moonroof.
First dealer 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium selling pricing at MSRP $24,700 with trade-in value of $17,000. Options Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass, All Weather Floor Mats, Matte Black Splash Guards, Rear Bumper Cover, Rear Seat Back Protector, Popular Package #1.
Second dealer 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium w/Moonroof MSRP $26,156 selling price $25,150 with trade-in $18,000. Options Moonroof Package Power Moonroof, Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass, Upgraded Speakers, Matte Black Splash Guards, Rear Bumper Cover, Ice Silver Metallic Roof Spoiler, Aero Cross Bar Set.

My dad went with dealer number two to say the least. Dealer swapped out the homelink mirror in his Impreza into the XV. Also, they let him keep the all weather mats and filled up the gas for him. Black book trade-in value average condition $17500, clean condition $18,500.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! My parents really love the contrast between the silver and black.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hello and welcome. Awesome looking ride! What are your/your dad's thoughts so far? Have you driven it? Is there a huge difference between the pretty powerful 3.6 Outback and, what some are saying, the "underpowered" Crosstrek?

Both of your vehicles look great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
awesome awesome awesome car! can't wait to pick mine up. i am interested in what your first impressions on it are as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ClubCrosstrek said:
Hello and welcome. Awesome looking ride! What are your/your dad's thoughts so far? Have you driven it? Is there a huge difference between the pretty powerful 3.6 Outback and, what some are saying, the "underpowered" Crosstrek?

Both of your vehicles look great.
Hi and thanks. Again thank you! My dad feels the engine and transmission are smoother compared to his previous Subaru. The dash is basically an Impreza layout just a bit wider. Plus, the fit and finish is no different from any other Subaru I have experienced. My brother and I are both very stout guys standing at 6'2" and there's plenty of shoulder room with both of us in the driver and passenger seats respectively. I drove the car for about an hour and a half this past Sunday. I found the seats comfortable with plenty of cushioning, but no lumbar support (not a huge deal). The XV with its additional ground clearance and taller tires give it a very comfortable ride while somehow maintaining nimble handling. Yes, there is a difference between the 3.6L vs 2.0L. Even-thou the Crosstrek is only 148hp, I feel is carriers itself well. My dad and I feel the car is well built and have no doubt Subaru will sell plenty of this particular model.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on your initial impressions. It's refreshing to see real–world buyers saying great things about the Crosstrek rather than some of the professional reviewers who spend an hour with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my parents bought their first Subaru after my wife and I purchased ours. In January 2010 we bought a '10 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT. A few months later my parents traded their Honda Element in for a new Forester Premium. A few months after that my older brother bought an '06 Impreza 5-speed with 36K miles for a song. I want to say I told my dad about the XV, but I'm not sure. I know for a fact he never saw one first hand until last Saturday. That's when he took his Impreza 5-door to my local dealership for an oil service and tire rotation. Unfortunately there's no Subaru dealerships near him.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
catric69 said:
Well my parents bought their first Subaru after my wife and I purchased ours. In January 2010 we bought a '10 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT. A few months later my parents traded their Honda Element in for a new Forester Premium. A few months after that my older brother bought an '06 Impreza 5-speed with 36K miles for a song. I want to say I told my dad about the XV, but I'm not sure. I know for a fact he never saw one first hand until last Saturday. That's when he took his Impreza 5-door to my local dealership for an oil service and tire rotation. Unfortunately there's no Subaru dealerships near him.
A family of Subarus, I like it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been a while since I've posted on this forum. Wife and I are shopping the Crosstrek for a second time. September 2013 we had an opportunity to purchase the Crosstrek since our '08 Camry was totaled. The only reason we did not buy one back at that time was my wife did not like the hesitation with the CVT transmission. This past Saturday we test drove an '14 XV premium and she loved how it drove. We are in the process of exercising Florida's Lemon law on our current '13 Camry SE. We are not sure how long the process will take, but my wife is set on the XV Crosstrek. This might be a good thing, so that we hold off until the '15MY Crosstrek's start showing up at the dealerships.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright! My wife and I are new owners of an 2014 XV Crosstrek in Venetian Red pearl, premium with moonroof and popular package #1. I had the dealership throw in the auto-dimming mirror with compass and homelink. Thus, making it essentially a popular package #2. MSRP $25401 Selling price $22000. We had to drive 4 hours each way to and from dealership. It was worth the drive for the savings compared to local dealerships. Thanks for reading and see your around!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sweet! Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the family!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! This Crosstrek makes a great addition to our family! It's our third Subaru and seventh if you count our immediate family's total Subaru ownership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts