Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a company that makes a dash cover for the XV? Will the 2013 Impreza dash cover fit just as well?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone already pull the trigger on these? Photos please.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I believe they help prevent UV damage... thats about it.... remember the old cracked/discolored dashes you used to see in older cars?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think that about 'covers' it. (Terrible, I know, couldn't help it)

Keeping the UV rays from eating the dash is the reason I would go that route...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Skidder said:
I think that about 'covers' it. (Terrible, I know, couldn't help it)

You didn't just go there.... sigh... LOL!!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi. Ohhh yes. In the beating sun of our Sonoran Desert, where the inside temperature of a car can get well over 140degrees in the Summer, the dash mat not only helps from fading, but early aging and major cracking too. With 350+ days of sunshine... the mat helps keep glare down too. And, Along with now.. the Trek dash top has that upper electronics read out display... I have been looking for a mat myself. But, the imprezza ones don't look to be cut right for that upper electronic display.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was thinking the photos were just representative of the product...not the ones that were specifically XV covers. Did I get that wrong?

·
Registered
603 Posts
don't know... but if any one does find the link to them... I"ll be bookmarking it in the new forum's Bookmark feature for sure!

·
Registered
927 Posts
avimia said:
don't know... but if any one does find the link to them... I"ll be bookmarking it in the new forum's Bookmark feature for sure!

I linked them in my post above..... right under the pic I post.... ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just received and installed my dash cover. Got it from AutoAnything.com. It is Crosstrek specific and a good fit. Right now it is just laying on the dash. Main reason I got it was to eliminate the awful glare/reflection from the dash. Works great for that. The car also seemed cooler but that is very subjective and based on 1 day of sunshine.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Is there an advantage to a dash mat beyond aesthetics?
You can successfully vacuum your dashboard too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the information and photos. I just got my Crosstrek 2 days ago.
This site just keeps providing answers to questions I had and didn't even know I had.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts