Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ive tried a trim tool and even a bit of brute force and no luck. Lot of the guides I have found online are for WRX/STIs and the dash is different. Id like to pull these two pieces off and carbon wrap em. Any ideas?

As an aside, I am ordering a JPM Coachworks shift boot this week in hopes that its an exact fit. Already shot them an email and we both came to the decision that there shouldn't be any/much difference. My buddy sent me his stock WRX shift knob and Id hate for it to sit there on an ugly boot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Dash Trim Removal?

For anyone interested it was pretty straight forward with a little guidance from Reverend over at NASIOC. You just need to know where the clips are and with a little force the trim comes right out.

You can see here the passenger side is just pressure clips and was incredibly easy to remove. I slid some really thin plastic (think cheap plastic packaging) under and along the edge marking where each clip was then used a trim removal tool.

The driver side was not so easy and you do wear down a bit of the catch but it does go back together just fine. I can see it being worn down pretty good if it were removed several times however.

End result with some poor lighting and fingerprint smudges. It was really early for me (second shift).

Hope this helps anyone who wants to wrap/plasti dip some trim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts