Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've owned my Crosstrek for 3 weeks and have had the left end dash vent lift away from the dashboard 4 times in the last week. A search on this board and the other XV site shows nobody else has had this issue. However, a Google search brings up this link to the Subaru maintenance site:

Instrument Panel Side Vents Coming Loose – 2012-2014 Subaru | subaru.oemdtc.com

It was a first for the service writer at my dealer. But the replacement vent with the new design tabs is supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week.

Is this a new thing?

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I've never had this issue, and I live in a household with my 2014 XV Crosstrek, a 2012 Impreza, and a 2013 Impreza. None of our Subaru vehicle have had this issue so far, but I'm glad you've found it and brought it up.

It's little things and changes like these that make the later years of a specific generation of model the best to buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

The dealer received the replacement vent in a few days. I did a visual to verify it was the new design. It took all of 15 seconds for the service writer to swap vents. My "MySubaru" page was updated by the dealer before I got back home showing "accessory service".
Three weeks and so far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts