Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group! I have a 2020 Crosstrek that I love. Except for one problem - it has a rattle that the dealer can’t fix. The car has been to the dealer 6 times for a total of 36 days. A regional rep has looked at the car. We are now at the point of replacing the car, I think. The talk of replacing the car started last October. I’ve had a couple of conversations with both the sales manager and the maintenance supervisor, however, lately, neither of them are returning my calls, text messages or emails. Has anyone experienced this and what action did you take next? Thank you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I finally figured out that on mine it was the inside padding on the front a pillars.
Just touching them stops it. While it never bothered me I did occasionally wonder where it was coming from. What does yours sound like?

·
Registered
369 Posts
There was a post a long time ago about a rattle that came from the glove compartment . The fix was a piece of foam tap on the left outer side of the door I think. Just a thought.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Found this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally figured out that on mine it was the inside padding on the front a pillars.
Just touching them stops it. While it never bothered me I did occasionally wonder where it was coming from. What does yours sound like?
Hi. It sounds like metal on plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When text, email and phone calls fail, go back to the most reliable form of communication...show up in person everyday if necessary until you get your problem resolved. You spent a lot of money on a car that is not meeting your satisfaction, you are the one in control of fixing that.

The above advice comes from a short class i teach on the three primary forms of communication:

email - least reliable for getting your message across
phone - somewhat reliable at getting your message across
in person - most reliable way to get your message across

Good luck, hopefully it gets resolved soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When text, email and phone calls fail, go back to the most reliable form of communication...show up in person everyday if necessary until you get your problem resolved. You spent a lot of money on a car that is not meeting your satisfaction, you are the one in control of fixing that.

The above advice comes from a short class i teach on the three primary forms of communication:

email - least reliable for getting your message across
phone - somewhat reliable at getting your message across
in person - most reliable way to get your message across

Good luck, hopefully it gets resolved soon!
Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts