Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to give the new XV a welcome home detail, but better half said if I do mine, I gotta do her's.
Spent the day (since 6 am) washing, detailing, and waxing both of them, just in time for the predicted late afternoon rain.
The little guy in the back seat is my riding buddy, and has been a mentor to me for many years.
Grumpaw

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nicely done! They sparkle like glass!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Looks great, Grumpaw! I just got back from camping and my Crosstrek has never needed a wash and, especially, an interior cleaning more. I probably won't be able to get it done until next weekend though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After cleaning and detailing for as long as I have, it's almost like therapy. Just kind of get involved and before you know it 3-4 hours are gone.
Course, I'm kind of anal when I detail. Wax the door jamb's, clean and detail under the hood, clean the wheel wells and wipe em down with some
dressing. Pull the wheels/tires off every other month and give em a good cleaning.
Thats what happens when you become an old fart that's retired...you have too much time on your hands to do all this stuff.
Grumpaw

·
Registered
148 Posts
Grumpaw said:
The little guy in the back seat is my riding buddy, and has been a mentor to me for many years.
Grumpaw
You don't buckle buddy in? He looks a bit angry.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice Subie family. Looks like a big brother and a little brother. Who's is who's? How is that for poor English?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gold 2010 Outback is my wife's, her third after a 1997, and a 2003. The XV is mine, purchased as a daily driver and to tow behind a motorhome we'll be getting before the end of the year. Traded a Dodge Grand Caravan in on it. Really enjoying driving something so nimble as opposed to the van, and a lot more mpg's dosen't hurt either.
Grumpaw

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grumpaw said:
I hear you there! I was so happy to get rid of the Chrysler Town and Country POS! And I love the gold color of your wife's Outback. Not all mfr's gold turns my head, but a few do. Toyota, Subie, and Chrysler look good in their gold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts