Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase a 2021 CrossTrek with the 2.5L engine, but it appears that this will have Auto Stop Start technology in both the Sport and Limited models, so I have been researching ways to disable this function. I was looking for a simple and reversible way to accomplish this goal (i.e. without the need to solder wiring), when I happened upon a third-party accessory--Autostop Eliminator, 2020 Subaru Crosstrek Autostop Eliminator.

The reverse auto braking feature is required, but they claim it is only because of the location required for the device. I do wonder if there is more to it than that. There are no reviews for Subaru but reviews for this device on vehicles from other manufacturers are overwhelmingly positive.

Does anyone have experience with this company?
Is there something I am overlooking if I choose to use this device? risks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only information I can offer regarding the Auto Stop/Start, is that you can disable it through the touch screen. So far as I've been able to tell, you have to do it each time you start the car (turning off the car resets it), but it isn't difficult or time consuming.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am planning to purchase a 2021 CrossTrek with the 2.5L engine, but it appears that this will have Auto Stop Start technology in both the Sport and Limited models, so I have been researching ways to disable this function. I was looking for a simple and reversible way to accomplish this goal (i.e. without the need to solder wiring), when I happened upon a third-party accessory--Autostop Eliminator, 2020 Subaru Crosstrek Autostop Eliminator.

The reverse auto braking feature is required, but they claim it is only because of the location required for the device. I do wonder if there is more to it than that. There are no reviews for Subaru but reviews for this device on vehicles from other manufacturers are overwhelmingly positive.

Does anyone have experience with this company?
Is there something I am overlooking if I choose to use this device? risks?

I have an 18 Limited, and thinking of getting the 21 model with the 2.5 liter engine. If you cannot disable the start / stop feature, I won't get one. Because of the engine is fuel efficient, it shouldn't have start / stop feature. I know you can always temporary disable the feature every time you start the vehicle but who wants to do that? There should be an option to completely disable it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 Limited and was thinking about the 2021 model for the increased power. However, I won't buy it now if it only comes with the start/stop feature - I hate it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't get this,the stop start really doesn't bother me with it being so quiet in operation and the components were manufactured to handle the task in the first place

You really need to own the car for a while to see if it is actually a real issue for you as you may find it's not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My brother has a 2016 or 17 Subaru Legacy with the V6 which I think has the start / stop feature, and he hates it. He turns it off all the time. I haven't been in the car for a while but I think that it has it in his car since his other vehicle doesn't have any of that because it's a Toyota 4-Runner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't get this,the stop start really doesn't bother me with it being so quiet in operation and the components were manufactured to handle the task in the first place

You really need to own the car for a while to see if it is actually a real issue for you as you may find it's not.
I'm not going to "own a car" to find out what I like or not. I've driven rentals with this feature and my son's car many times. I don't like it or want it on a vehicle I OWN. And I'm not willing to "disable" it every time I start the car.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try this:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Try this:
I have a 2020 Limited, and the button to disable the stop/start is to the left of the steering wheel. Easy peasy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts