Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to buy my Crosstrek the sales manager came out to explain a few things about the car. One of the features he banged on about at some length was the 60/40 front back power split, which helps to give it great mpg. Hmmm, I was buying one with standard transmission, so I asked "does that apply to the manual as well". "Oh yes", he says. WRONG!!! He was a bit embarrassed to say the least.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got said:
When I went to buy my Crosstrek the sales manager came out to explain a few things about the car. One of the features he banged on about at some length was the 60/40 front back power split, which helps to give it great mpg. Hmmm, I was buying one with standard transmission, so I asked "does that apply to the manual as well". "Oh yes", he says. WRONG!!! He was a bit embarrassed to say the least.
they should definitely know that. my local suby dealer seems to be pretty up on their game but i don't actually have one yet so maybe once i get it they will prove to be incompetent...but i doubt it.

ive had experiences like that with all kinds of dealers though...a lot of times they dont know what the hell theyre selling...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have been working on the other side of the country for the past year and the dealer where I am is decent, but a little snobby and not too eager to give you much info. I will finally be heading back home to Los Angeles in January and they have some of the best Subaru dealerships I have been to. I hope yours ends up working out for you in the long run!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts