Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
No that's not normal. No way that amount of water should be getting inside the door. Has to be a bad seal. Or you just forded a river which I'm betting you didn't. Warranty issue for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 on that Cogan Man.Take it back and if you get the same response tell him"don't give me that BS."The door is loaded with electronics.You will have to remind him that water and electricity don't play well together.That is why the windows have something called seals to prevent water from shorting things out.Another thing to worry about is rust.Actually I would even tell them to replace the whole door because that one is likely to rust out in another year or 2 at the most from soaking in water like that.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Yeah that definitely doesn't look quite right. I would ask for an explanation why they consider that normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the car is parked on an incline with the front of the car up and it rains, the door will fill up with water. There is no drain hole on the back part of the front door and on level ground the drain holes work as designed. Don't park on an incline.

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the engineer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, interesting I was wondering why it didn't happen all of the time. Guess I'll have to start backing into the driveway...or move. Thanks VSurfn.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
If the car is parked on an incline with the front of the car up and it rains, the door will fill up with water. There is no drain hole on the back part of the front door and on level ground the drain holes work as designed. Don't park on an incline.

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the engineer.
I had no idea... If this is truly the case, SOA should tell FHI to fix the issue.

Also, this gives me a good excuse to play with brake assist after there's rain :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I went back to the service department for an unrelated issue (the speaker cover on the passenger side was lifting out of the dash) and they found that the weather strip wasn't sealing properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have heard that when purchasing an Impreza/Crosstrek you always want to check to make sure they installed plugs in the bottom of the doors. Doesn't appear you had the plugs otherwise the water wouldn't have drained out? So maybe it's a good thing the plugs aren't in?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts