1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
927 Posts
They are just covers to protect the plastic from scuffs...you should be fine.

If you rather them black.... paint or plasti-dip is your best friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xtrekr said:
Actually they cover the strip of painted metal to the outside of the plastic pieces. It kind of struck me as a bit odd that these weren't covered up in the stock model, I can imagine after a few years of getting in and out of the vehicle there could be all sorts of scratches.

ClubCrosstrek said:
I like the idea of door sills, and agree black would be better. Do you know anything about this website?
No, I have not used that website at all. A few people bought these exact pieces via this website without any issues. Personally I would be much happier with a known site that uses Paypal rather than requiring a CC number. You can find the exact same parts on EBay but they are a bit more expensive. ($35 if I remember right).

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Winglet said:
Xtrekr said:
Actually they cover the strip of painted metal to the outside of the plastic pieces. It kind of struck me as a bit odd that these weren't covered up in the stock model, I can imagine after a few years of getting in and out of the vehicle there could be all sorts of scratches.

ClubCrosstrek said:
I like the idea of door sills, and agree black would be better. Do you know anything about this website?
No, I have not used that website at all. A few people bought these exact pieces via this website without any issues. Personally I would be much happier with a known site that uses Paypal rather than requiring a CC number. You can find the exact same parts on EBay but they are a bit more expensive. ($35 if I remember right).
Might be worth it to spend a few bucks more for a site you trust. Though, if other people have used that site with no problem then I am sure it's okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts