Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start a separate thread for the issue. It is getting very annoying. I am constantly finding myself sitting/leaning to the right of the seat. I don't feel as off center as much as I feel leaned to the right. Maybe seat mounted unlevel with the right (center console) side being lower. Or the seat foam is formed incorrectly causing the shift to the right. It doesn't matter if I re-position I still end up back to the right. Also doesn't matter if I drive with left hand, right hand or both...still end up on the outer raised right portion of the seat. Driving me insane while in the vehicle.

Originally Posted by gavoon
But there is one thing bothering me, I'm not sure if its just me but it appears that the drivers seat (electric) seems to be positioned closer to the centre of the car than the passenger seat is! I feel as thou my backside is sitting on the right hand side of the seat more so than when I'm in the passenger seat. I've measured the distance from the centre console to the seat on both and the drivers is about 1-2cm closer to the centre. I only say this as I'm noticing that the outer raised backside support is showing signs of wear on the leather more than the inside.
I've tried driving with my self centered on the seat and I am a little off centre to the steering wheel, as well as I feel slightly awkward when using the throttle pedal.
Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me and my driving position?

Forgot to mention I'm getting this looked at during the service, but don't want to seem like a dill, so thought I'd ask here:)

I beliEve Gugs was having the same issue:
I was actually thinking the same thing... I thought I was crazy haha but I guess not! I feel like I sit farther to the right in my seat and I try to reposition myself but always manage to end up in the same spot.

ok, dealer just called and said that it is completely acceptable for back of seat padding to be uneven because there is an airbag on the left side of the seat. If this is correct, then I suggested that the tolerances for my particular seat/airbag installation are possibly incorrect due to the absurd difference in the level from left to right. It is causing me to constantly be moved onto the bolster during normal driving conditions. A bigger problem is that when positioned on the bolster due to the uneveness, if I make a left and turn it tosses me past the outside of bolster.

Dealer says they will not address my concerns because they feel as if nothing is wrong...so now what are my options?

Spoke to Subaru of America...no resolve

·
Registered
354 Posts
prompterbob said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all the seats in the XV are manual and there's no available electric power seats?
that is what I was thinking also...cuz that was one thing we didn't like we got the limited & in most vehicles when you go with the limited you usually get at least driver power seat but not in the XVs

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
If you truly, genuinely believe there is an issue...

Then prove it. The thing is, saying it doesn't feel even isn't enough.

Make a video or album of pictures to PROVE it is, in fact, uneven. Get some measuring tape, and record your evidence. If both your dealer and SOA aren't willing to do anything, perhaps showing some tangible, measurable evidence will show something is wrong.

I hope this helps and that you get the necessary customer service you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts