Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good review! I am so anxious to test drive a Crosstrek. The not-so-powerful engine is worrying me a little bit so I really want to drive one before I bite the bullet. A dealer near me said they will have some on their lot soon so I am getting excited. I'll try to post here more lol.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dirtyroo said:
Good review! I am so anxious to test drive a Crosstrek. The not-so-powerful engine is worrying me a little bit so I really want to drive one before I bite the bullet. A dealer near me said they will have some on their lot soon so I am getting excited. I'll try to post here more lol.
Gonna go check out my local dealer and see if they have any yet this weekend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great review. seems like he really enjoyed driving it, even with the "not so powerful" engine.

BTW, i think my dealer has some...i will check with them on my next day off!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
This is probably one of the better reviews for the Subaru XV Crosstrek, especially regarding the mechanical changes done to create the XV. No other media source other than Driving Sports TV did I hear of modifications and reinforcements over the regular Impreza hatch such as the reinforced unibody.

I asked my dealer if the cooling system was made better, and the salesperson told me they did. However, I have no actual confirmation regarding that.

I am awaiting the Subaru public parts databases (that sell Subaru parts) to update the XV Crosstrek in. Once that happens, one can compare the part numbers or actual pictures to confirm any actual cooling system differences between the regular Impreza hatch and an XV Crosstrek hatch.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got said:
Quite a few reviews were done in Hawaii for some reason. Closer to Japan?
Subaru of America flew a bunch of reviewers out there to build hype for the Crosstrek. I've never thought about why Hawaii but I bet you're right about it being closer to Japan.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I completely forgot we were sponsoring SubieSport! Great video!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Surviving Iceland in the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid

Maybe some of you have already seen this one (from May 2014), but it was new to me and fun to watch. These guys are doing some SERIOUS off-roading in Iceland, in winter, up a volcano. Now I'm not much of an off-roading type of guy but this makes it look fun. Amazing how the Xtreks keep up in these extreme conditions. About 20 minutes to see it all, but worth it IMHO. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/wneV69RCVcc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts