Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...about a month ago I had the recall service that replaced the ignition coil. I've noticed since then that there is some sluggishness/hesitation when accelerating. Have a 2019 2.0L with 6-speed manual. Anyone else had this issue? I'm interesting in finding out others' experiences before I go back to the dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi...does the Crosstrek have multiple ignition coils...like one per cylinder, or just one? I had the impression that it was a single one? The invoice from the dealer just said ignition coil recall service. Funny enough I brought it back in yesterday...they ran diagnostics, found all read OK...and the service manager took it out for a test drive to confirm it was OK. I did the same when I picked it up, and for whatever reason it did seem fine, and again today. Very odd. A friend of mine suggested that they had to reset something after swapping out the coil...and maybe they forgot the first time. Who knows at this point. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just notice what year yours is. But as far as I know it’s one per cylinder like my ‘13. Coils can be bad and activate a check engine light. Let me research your year

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...interesting...thanks for checking into this. I'll have to ask them next time I'm there...our 16 Forester also has some kind of recall on it, so I'll be back there in the next few months.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe that sometimes the coils get burnt out by the old engine management firmware timing and if so are also part of the recall

·
Registered
14 Posts
If they didn’t change all of them, take it back. If they did replace all of them and it’s hesitating, take it back. I have never taken mine to the dealership. It takes about 30-35 minutes to change all four coils. I pulled my battery and the intake tubing off for room. Might as well change plugs while you’re at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will review this with them when I go back there. For now it's running back to normal again. Being only a year old, it's still got 2 years of warranty left...that's the only reason for having the dealer do the work right now as there's no charge for it. Once the warranty expires, it'll be going to our indie mechanic for service, as we do with our Forester.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our local one is pretty good I have to say...and believe me I'm not a big fan of dealers in general. They have a good online booking system that you can pick your own appt date/times, or you can also call them. I've never had to wait more than a week to book a non-critical appt...when I called to complain about the Crosstrek's performance after the recall service, they squeezed me in the next day even though they were already booked for the rest of the week. But I have had bad experience with previous vehicles while they were under warranty, so it really depends dealer by dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts