Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my '16 Hybrid Touring. Trying to use the Mirror App on the Entertainment system with my Samsung Note 5. Doesn't seem to work right.

Connected by Bluetooth, nothing different seems to happen. The Mirror App on the system grays out and you can't select it. On the phone, nothing happens.

Plug it in and the phone goes dark and hangs up. Once I did see a message from my phone show up on on the car screen but not since.

Anyone else get their Android phone connected to Mirror?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, got it working now with app updates. Totally not worth it in my opinion. The Mirror apps are pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got the MirrorLink app to work?
I did, and I did not see the value. The only apps that I saw that were available were apps already working better on the head-unit or already better on my phone through Bluetooth or USB player.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done a lot of research and testing on this. (2016 corsstrek with Nav) and HTC One M8 phone.

First off - your phone has to have MirrorLink, not all phones do.

The MirrorLink protocol in the brand new car is version 1.0 (old)

Your MirrorLink cellphone will ONLY work if you are running an older version of Android. (I believe 4.4.2 worked for me) because the MirrorLink protocol is also 1.0 in the older versions.
If you upgrade or have a newer android phone running 5.0 or higher (I think I tried 4.4.3 without luck too) than the MirrorLink protocol was updated to version 1.1 which doesn't work with the cars version 1.0 MirrorLink protocol.

So Subaru either needs to update their app or you need to downgrade your phone to get this working today.

After my testing I can honestly say don't waste your time - you're not missing much other than a slow clunky experience. I opted to store all my music on a usb drive which seems to work and sound the best while using the phone for basic phone bluetooth functionality.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club allenk!

Thanks for sharing that! I'm glad you've been able to investigate and share what infotainment problems stem from, and how to resolve them.

It's unfortunate "downgrading" one's phone would do the trick for that mobile app to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts