Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Ethan, I am a teen car enthusiast just getting into modding my first car.. the subaru crosstrek. Mine is a 2014 and 5 speed manual. Anyways, my first mod I did was the Borla axle back muffler. It sounded pretty mean and a nice grumble to it but it was pretty quiet in the top end. Ill post a vid of it. A month later I proceeded to bring it to Lou's Custom Exhaust in concord NH and had the guy custom fabricate a cat back for me. Doing this he increased the pipe size and replaced the muffler with the same larger size piping then the borla. This sound was quite a bit louder mixed with a bit of a fart noise lol. Each of this did create some pops while rev matching which I enjoy a lot thanks to my car crazed adolescent mind..

I have also added some interior lighting and vinyl wrapped the badges and grille black and got amber deletes, reverse light tint, HPS short ram intake and black and red badges.

These videos were taken 1-2 months ago which was previous to most of those^

Future plans are lowering springs (ya im that guy), ecu tune, wheels and tires, short shifter however I havnt heard much about them for crosstreks, and other miscellaneous items for looks.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Serious question:

Why did you get a Subaru XV Crosstrek when you had intentions of lowering it? Why not just get an Impreza with the reduced weight and already-low suspension?

Also, are you trying to embed, link, or upload the videos?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is my first car, so I liked the ride height being higher off the ground since winter was coming and my parents approval was all there for me to invest in this as my first car. But just my personal preference I want it to be lower starting spring and see how I like it.

Also im trying to upload 3 videos.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I do not believe you can upload large video files directly to our forum. Therefore, you need to upload large video files on a separate service such as YouTube, Vimeo, Imgur, etc. and then post the link to share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts