Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Generally, Rims differ from year to year. Taillights can differ as well, but usually to narrow down which 'version' it is. Each version may be 2,3,4 years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just subtle, but noticeable, external differences. 2013-2015 identical. 2016-2017 had changes to the lower front fascia in the area of the fog light surround. 2018 - 2020 are built on the global platform and have changes to the headlights, taillights, and fog light surround. Of course there were come color additions and deletions between 2013 and 2020.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 2019-20 Plug-in hybrid has some changes that apply only to the hybrid. Exterior badges, Lagoon Blue Pearl color, wheels, roof racks, front facia, interior trim and I believe more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013-2015 was the first generation. I think that 2015 was the first year of EyeSight was available. (I had a 2015 premium with EyeSight equipped)

2016-2017 had some subtle changes, notably the wheels and the front end near the headlights. The wheels were the same as previous years, but were angled for a better appearance. Also near the fog lights were hockey stick chrome type trim. And the 2016 model was the first year of the Starlink emergency system and warnings in the mirrors for approaching vehicles. I don’t remember if 2016 had rear collision sensors or was it 2017. And the XV was removed in 2017.

2018 to present has been redesigned to the Global Platform and the differences are mainly noticed by the trims. The Limited models have 18 inch wheels with different rims than the other trims. Also there is a chrome type strip above the window sides, instead of the black strip. And the trim around the grille have a slight difference between the Limited and the other models. Otherwise most of the differences are mainly in the cabin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts