Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and happy new year.
For christmas I received a Motorola MA1 adapter to make my Android Auto wireless in my 2018 Crosstrek. I plugged it in and got it up and running. Soon after that all my safety indicators went into error. I havent pulled the codes yet but everything I listed in the subject above is now lit. I dont know if this is just a coincidence or if using the MA1 caused this. I removed the MA1 and restarted the car, all erors are still present. Anyone else have this happen?

· Registered
16 Posts
I've had the MA1 for almost a year and nothing like that has ever happened. The only problem I have is that whenever my wife gets into the Crosstrek her iPhone connects to Bluetooth and prevents Android auto from connecting to my Pixel via the MA1, even if she later turns her phone off. I have to get her to turn it off before she gets in and keep it off, which she hates. But I don't think it's an MA1 problem but rather that the Subaru unit favors iPhones over Android.

· Registered
41 Posts
I've had the MA1 for almost a year and nothing like that has ever happened. The only problem I have is that whenever my wife gets into the Crosstrek her iPhone connects to Bluetooth and prevents Android auto from connecting to my Pixel via the MA1, even if she later turns her phone off. I have to get her to turn it off before she gets in and keep it off, which she hates. But I don't think it's an MA1 problem but rather that the Subaru unit favors iPhones over Android.
In the Bluetooth menu you can set the order of preference for blutooth devices.

· Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
21 Posts
I installed the Motorola MA1 in my 2021 Sport on 03 February 2022 and have not unplugged it since that time. It is a passive device and your vehicle doesn't know if it is a USB cable or wireless adapter plugged into the port nor does it care.

You can set BT device connection priority on the STARLINK HU, but it won't disconnect an active BT to connect a different one. It is just timing. You can set up different driver/user profiles in STARLINK so each driver has their own custom settings, including BT connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts