Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 with the factory Yokohama Geolander tires. Just curious how well these do in the snow?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've driven mine, still with it's original Geolanders, through three winters in a heavy snow state. Always been pleased and amazed how well it's handled through snowfalls that would get me stuck in my previous front wheel drive car (even with snow tires on that one). My house is on a street with a big hill which was often impassable for me trying to leave in the early mornings before the plow truck arrives—but I've never yet gotten stuck with the 'trek. Of course a lot of that is due to the Symmetrical AWD and I've never compared with actual snow tires on the Subie but I'll just say that even with just the factory tires, it does pretty darned well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Useless on my '13. I got 60K though where on my '00 I averaged 30K. My wife got stuck on our hill & I towed it w/the '00 impreza. I run Altimax studs in the winter & it does much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised that you got that many miles out of the factory tires. I hope I can get close to that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts