Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Fan noise?

10K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  billybob 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that the fan setting on 1 is a touch tinny (either heat or AC). Setting 2 and up is your standard whooshing of air sound. No noise at 0, so it's definitely the fan. I don't hear it while driving (CVT blocks it out, ha) or with music on, but if I'm sitting at a stop sans music, it's there. My car has done it since I got it a couple weeks ago, but I thought I'd ask just in case it's something I should have checked out. It's not bothersome, but it's noticeable as I often drive home from work without music on to help myself de-stress.

#4 ·
I've noticed it myself. I purchased my 2013 Limited in October 2012.

I took it to the Subaru dealership. They said the fan motor was not working properly. They will replace it as soon as they get the part.

Make sure you ask your dealer to compare your car with one of their XV. When it's working properly, you only hear the air flow, no fan motor noise at all.

Most people wouldn't have noticed it though until the problem becomes more acute. My wife said it was just normal noise! Only this time she was wrong....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.