Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Well, that's one way to modify the rear fog light hole. It adds some contrast to the body-color rear bumper. That's probably the first I've seen someone put the rear fog light plug from the WRX/WRX STI on the XV Crosstrek.

I preferred to keep it fully-functional so I actually got myself a rear fog light installed. I have it wired to activate with the fog lights, so I only use my fog lights in severe fog or misty/rainy conditions when one cannot see 200 feet in front of one's windshield.

This has saved me from rear-end collisions in extreme low-visibility conditions, so it is worth the hassle if you sometimes drive in fog or especially if you drive through the deadly Central Valley Tule fog.

http://i.imgur.com/gqn6AcS.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
is it hard?

...I preferred to keep it fully-functional so I actually got myself a rear fog light installed. I have it wired to activate with the fog lights, so I only use my fog lights in severe fog or misty/rainy conditions when one cannot see 200 feet in front of one's windshield.
how did you do the wiring? it seems easier to hook up to the trailer hitch or brake lights, which are already at the back, than the fog lights, which aren't.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
how did you do the wiring? it seems easier to hook up to the trailer hitch or brake lights, which are already at the back, than the fog lights, which aren't.
I had a shop do it for me. It sounded like it was a laborious task as I had requested it be wired to work off of the existing front fog light switch, as you'd imagine, had to run all the way to the front from the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts