Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter, who is living at home to pay off her college debt, bought a very nice Tangerine Orange 2013 Crosstrek last Friday to replace her aging 2003 Volvo XC 70 that was $100 billing us to death. Nice car, but at 200K the repairs (particularly the electronics) was killing us. We live along the Wyoming border in the boonies & she & my wife commute to work together 50 miles one way every day. Whether we drive north into Wyoming or south into Colorado we have several miles of dirt/gravel to traverse as well as snowy/icy/foggy/wet roads to navigate many days of the year.

We have 4x4 pickups that easily handle this type of driving, but the mileage leaves a lot to be desired. We also drive some of the most dangerous roads in the U.S., so we needed a safe, reliable vehicle that can handle the widely varying road conditions.

Hence the choice of the XV Crosstrek. It's looking like this won't be our only Subie. ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome CyberRanger,

You'll like it here at Club Crosstrek I believe. Your daughter will enjoy that new XV too, sounds like an ideal ride for your part of the country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts