Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my way home last night & got passed by an Ice Silver Crosstrek! Smaller than I was expecting it to be, but looked nice in silver.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Once you get in one you will be pleasantly surprised at the roominess!

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Once you get in one you will be pleasantly surprised at the roominess!

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk
I agree with Xtrekr...the inside is a lot roomy then it looks from the outside! I love ours & we tested it out last night in 10 inches or so of snow that we got & it plowed right through!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I was just having this conversation with a friend. I was driving him and talking about how well the car fits in my relatively small garage. He was saying that the Crosstrek didn't seem small at all...until he got out and looked at it from the outside.

They did a good job of maximizing the room on the interior.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I was just having this conversation with a friend. I was driving him and talking about how well the car fits in my relatively small garage. He was saying that the Crosstrek didn't seem small at all...until he got out and looked at it from the outside.

Agreed. I finally drove one today. It was a limited with a sunroof (I understand there's slightly less headroom in the sunroof models). I'm 6'3" - 6'4" and the headroom was fine. I didn't feel all that high off the ground while driving, but I didn't feel like I was in a low-riding car either.

Then we parked it next to a Tribeca when we got back from the test drive and it looked tiny.

·
Registered
354 Posts
chasem said:
ClubCrosstrek said:

Agreed. I finally drove one today. It was a limited with a sunroof (I understand there's slightly less headroom in the sunroof models). I'm 6'3" - 6'4" and the headroom was fine. I didn't feel all that high off the ground while driving, but I didn't feel like I was in a low-riding car either.

Then we parked it next to a Tribeca when we got back from the test drive and it looked tiny.
So Chasem have you found anything out yet about when you will get yours?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have not yet seen an XV in the wild. According to my local dealer, he has sold several already, but I haven't come across one yet.
Subarus are as rare as fish hair round here.

·
Registered
500 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
chasem said:
ClubCrosstrek said:

It was supposed to be in this past week, but the dealer it's going to - the one we're trading with to get my manual - had their entire shipment of Subies get held up in customs for some reason...

It's suppose to have been released yesterday or today and I should be sitting in it Monday or Tuesday... assuming nothing else goes awry.

·
Registered
354 Posts
chasem said:
tmorgan66030 said:
chasem said:
ClubCrosstrek said:

It was supposed to be in this past week, but the dealer it's going to - the one we're trading with to get my manual - had their entire shipment of Subies get held up in customs for some reason...

It's suppose to have been released yesterday or today and I should be sitting in it Monday or Tuesday... assuming nothing else goes awry.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it comes in Monday or Tuesday :) With this snow storm that came in I'm glad I called our dealer to check on ours cuz if I hadn't we would still be waiting & wouldn't have got to test it in the snow until next winter ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
That would have been miserable. We've gotten practically no snow here at all this year. I'll start praying for a snow storm like you guys got as soon as I pick mine up

·
Registered
354 Posts
chasem said:
That would have been miserable. We've gotten practically no snow here at all this year. I'll start praying for a snow storm like you guys got as soon as I pick mine up
lol I would gladly give you our next round that's coming in Monday or Tuesday they are saying we'll get 6+ inches on top of what we already got plus they are saying possible blizzard like conditions! I told hubby he's fine with it cuz he's got the subie but if we don't have a snow day I get to drive our Tacoma truck which is NOT 4 wheel drive :( Maybe you will also get some snow after you get yours :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
chasem said:
lol I would gladly give you our next round that's coming in Monday or Tuesday they are saying we'll get 6+ inches on top of what we already got plus they are saying possible blizzard like conditions! I told hubby he's fine with it cuz he's got the subie but if we don't have a snow day I get to drive our Tacoma truck which is NOT 4 wheel drive :( Maybe you will also get some snow after you get yours :)
I'd happily take that snow! I lived in the southern Rocky Mountains through a good winter where we had 3' of snow on the ground for at least 2 months. Not on the road the whole time of course, but I loved it. Cold winters with no snow kill me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
chasem said:
tmorgan66030 said:
chasem said:
I'd happily take that snow! I lived in the southern Rocky Mountains through a good winter where we had 3' of snow on the ground for at least 2 months. Not on the road the whole time of course, but I loved it. Cold winters with no snow kill me.
they changed our snow amounts we were getting 6+ well now they have changed it to 10+...everyone is just getting dug out from the last snow now we're gonna get hit again! Definitely getting to see what our Crosstrek is made of :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
chasem said:
tmorgan66030 said:

Something else went awry. Got a call a little bit ago. My dealership called the dealership they're trading with to get an update. Apparently they're still sitting on the boat at the port and won't be unloaded until Monday and should be at my dealer sometime next week.

I'm just going to try to put it out of my head until they call and say it's in.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It was the same with my Mitsubishi. Delay upon delay with no updates...
Hang in there man, you'll be even more pleased when it gets there ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
chasem said:
chasem said:
tmorgan66030 said:

Something else went awry. Got a call a little bit ago. My dealership called the dealership they're trading with to get an update. Apparently they're still sitting on the boat at the port and won't be unloaded until Monday and should be at my dealer sometime next week.

I'm just going to try to put it out of my head until they call and say it's in.
Wow that sucks :( Like my hubby said at least you know it's in the US & it's just a matter of when not if! Hope the time passes fast for you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts