Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2016 XV and I'm looking forward to many many good years with it! I've had my eye on em since they came out and I was finally able to get my own. I've seen the maintenance tips thread and will take good care of my XV but anyone have any other maintenance tips/things to look out for?

Also, anyone have some good offroad suggestions in southern California for the XV? I already took it to Joshua Tree but am looking for some more offroad fun (especially in the San Diego area). Or if someone could point me to a thread that explains the offroad capabilities of the XV. It feels very capable but I'd hate to get it stuck somewhere.

Thanks and I'm glad to be here!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Regarding capability, the XV's biggest weakness is its weak approach angle. Other than than, despite the class-leading ground clearance, you may find your ground clearance quickly running out on moderate or difficult trails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Southern California has plenty of places to check out. I took it out to Ocotillo Wells (Anza Borrego) around thanksgiving and took it down a few trails. Some areas were rougher than others, but it took everything in stride. We plan on checking out Joshua Tree soon, since my fiance and I have never been. These picture are few and don't do the terrain justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys! Anza Borrego seems like a good destination. I will definitely post some pictures of it offroad soon. You will love Joshua Tree, it is definitely a place you will want to return to. Any idea if the crosstrek could handle Fish Creek Wash in anza Borrego? Or is anyone familiar with that trail. Its typically mostly jeeps down there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fish Creek, I am not sure. I had it all down Main road to Shell Reef Expressway. From there I took Cahuila Trail to Gas Dome Trail, Artesian Trail, Pole Line, and Tule Wash. It handled all of these just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts