Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one month of ownership is over and the XV has more than 1500 miles on her clock.

_0_MG_6174_tm.jpg
She took her first trip to Joshua Tree National Park and enjoyed some of the gravel and 4x4 only roads in the park.
_0_MG_6429_30_31_tm.jpg

What a great weekend
_0_MG_6435_6_7_tm.jpg

_0_MG_6480.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
How does the XV feel now that the engine is broken in?

And how difficult were the trails in Joshua Tree National Park? Any spots or trails where the XV might have some trouble?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The XV will handle JT no problemo.... I've been in some deep sand out there but always turn off the VDC and move the tranny to manual mode. It's all about keeping some momentum. These little vehicles will go through some crazy terrain if you help them out a bit...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How does the XV feel now that the engine is broken in?

And how difficult were the trails in Joshua Tree National Park? Any spots or trails where the XV might have some trouble?
The trails are pretty well kept except after or during rain. Some of the trails get pretty hairy for a stock height vehicle after you exit the park boundaries so you have to have a good idea of where you are.

I have learned to keep moving in the really soft stuff.
-Spence

p.s. Oh yeah, it feels much better with 1500 miles. Seems like it is getting better milage and it feels like a revs a bit quicker. I am waiting until 2000 miles to take her up to the redline though. I am thinking of doing a first oil change at 3500 to 3750 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts

p.s. Oh yeah, it feels much better with 1500 miles. Seems like it is getting better milage and it feels like a revs a bit quicker. I am waiting until 2000 miles to take her up to the redline though. I am thinking of doing a first oil change at 3500 to 3750 miles.
I felt the same. My MPG never climbed above 23 MPG during the break-in period, but by the time it was broken in, I could finally hit 30 MPG and above on the freeway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts