Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our first Subaru and we love it so far. We did our homework before buying and everything we found said why doesn't everyone own a Subaru. My parents owned one 30 plus years ago and from what they told me they loved it, my father especially since we lived in Maine at the time. He said the Subaru was a tank and he would drive it through two foot snow drifts without an issue. I hope to get to know more of you in the years to come since I prefer to do my own service and can not wait to get your tips on how to care for our Crosstrek.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes we did get what I think they call the White Pearl color Crosstrek and we love it so far. The MPG's is the best thing so far, we are averaging 30.1 as of yesterday. We had the option for the Orange one like you but couldn't pull the trigger on the color.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Welcome to CCT! Want to see what your white might look like with some mods? Check out Xtrekr's! (Not that it's not beautiful as is!)

·
Registered
820 Posts
jdunn said:
I will do that, is Xtrekr's another forum?
Sorry about that! Should have been more specific...yes, as Tina kindly pointed out, he's a member of this forum and has done some wicked mods to his trek. Subtle, but very cool. Just do a search and his threads will pop up. Enjoy!

·
Registered
927 Posts
RubySu said:
Welcome to CCT! Want to see what your white might look like with some mods? Check out Xtrekr's! (Not that it's not beautiful as is!)
Thanks, Bob!!!

Welcome and congrats, JDUNN! We have a great group of enthusiasts on CCT ! I have done a few odds and ends. Check out my gallery and my thread on the autoshow forum here on CCT.

Our satin white pearls are a great base for subtle mods( as are all the XV's)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I will check out your threads. We have had our Crosstrek for about a month now, I don't have a lot of mods in mind yet. I just installed the rear seat protectors and side cargo nets tonight. I do almost all of my own maintenance, oil changes, brakes, and anything else that is needed. Hopefully I will not need to do anything major on the Crosstrek for awhile, but if I need to I will be sure to take plenty of pictures to show everyone else how to do it. I have a 2002 Ford Escape and had to replace an alternator, it is in a weird spot and nobody had pictures on how to get it out so I winged it. Pictures with step by step instructions makes things so much easier.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Lots of DIYers on here. We love to get our hands dirty.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Amen Brother Todd! Nothing going to keep me from installing TorqueLift hitch tomorrow. Finally! Someone (can't think of right now-the Hulls?) posted some very detailed pics and I can't wait to dive in to mine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When i got back from Iraq in 2010 I rented a 2010 impreza and I loved it after that I bought a used 2008 Impreza 2.5i and now I traded that in for my trekker Now regrets and its saved me from an accident more than once and iv driven on 3 inches of snow going 70 with no issues until i hit some drifts take those going slower lol

·
Registered
820 Posts
chasem said:
You're gonna love it. Extra pair of hands is very helpful. Post pictures when you're done!
I read your post TWICE before I went down and got it done. The part you posted about the supports connected to bumper needing to be disconnected really saved me some grief. Thanks for that! Yes, I think it would be nearly impossible at points to do yourself- extra hands really make the difference. I am SO happy with it though- snap on the cover and its not even there. Nice design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts