Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Roanoke Virginia! Got a dark grey, with sunroof at the end of January '13. Traded in a '07 VW Rabbit screamer, and am REALLY in luv with this Subaru! So far have not seen but a couple of Crosstreks', which suits me fine!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chasem; I got it pretty loaded...but, I'll need those cross bars for the roof racks! I got it with the auto (CVT?), rubber mats and I love the cloth interior! Best of all, is the bluetooth! Great car, and looking forward to better gas miles! Another thing is I don't have a burning desire to keep it spotless...! I think they need a little dirt on 'em! Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Very nice. On the cross bars I'm going to give my usual advice. Search ebay and use Thule square bars or Yakima round bars.

I've used ebay to get both roof racks I've purchased... Compared to buying new, I saved ~60-70% on the first set and ~40-50% on the second, and both sets were in fantastic shape.

I tend to steer clear of aero bars. You get a little less noise with aero bars, sure, but many roof mounts then require an adapter or special connecter to connect to the aero bars - if they'll fit that is. The fuss isn't worth the trade-off, if you ask me.

And if you're not aware, it's good practice (for fuel economy) to remove the crossbars until you need to use them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a Yakima setup on my outback (ski, bike, and skybox). The newer Yakima stuff works just fine with aero bars (on my Crosstrek) My ski racks are about 7 years old and only fit the round bars, so I need a new set of those. Other than that, if you don't already have the aero bars, I second the suggestion to look on eBay for a good deal. First, go on Yakima's site to see what is compatible!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts