Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my XV in March, finally getting around to writing the review:

After searching around and deciding on the Crosstrek over the Outback, I searched through the inventory on Fitzgerald's site. Its not as flashy or easy to use as some other dealers, but I I can forgive that since they are dealing with a massive quantity of cars in locations all over Maryland. Found the XV with trim and configuration I wanted, and the posted price was ok. They have a button for the "special online pricing" that you can only get by sending your info to the sales team. I did so and got a further reduced price back instantly, followed by an email from a sales rep within 30mins. (I probably filled up his inbox that morning because I was requesting the "real" price on a bunch of Outbacks and then Crosstreks over various trims to compare their pricing against other dealers).

After talking with the sales rep via email. I was able to go and see the car that same day, about 5 hours later. The car had been delivered to the lot that morning and was being pushed through the PDI so I could drive it. I think it was ready 5 minutes after my arrival. Test drive went well, and I was ready to purchase.

On the sales side of things, I had a great experience with mys sales rep (Dan McCarthy) and his manager (Kevin something). The only part I where I started to groan was when I had to speak with the woman whose job it was to sell us accessories and dealer add ons. She tried to hard sell every little thing and would get upset when I rejected offers. The overall process took about 3.5 hours (this included me leaving to pick up my wife in the middle). Overall a good experience. Due to Fitzgerald's prevalence in Maryland I think they generally offer highly competitive pricing and based on my experience I'd recommend that someone at least check them out during their car search.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Good to hear you had a smooth buying experience. I think I was at my dealer for more like 5 hours and it was grueling. The service was fine and everyone was nice, I just forgot how long it took.

·
Registered
820 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Bought my XV in March, finally getting around to writing the review:

After searching around and deciding on the Crosstrek over the Outback, I searched through the inventory on Fitzgerald's site. Its not as flashy or easy to use as some other dealers, but I I can forgive that since they are dealing with a massive quantity of cars in locations all over Maryland. Found the XV with trim and configuration I wanted, and the posted price was ok. They have a button for the "special online pricing" that you can only get by sending your info to the sales team. I did so and got a further reduced price back instantly, followed by an email from a sales rep within 30mins. (I probably filled up his inbox that morning because I was requesting the "real" price on a bunch of Outbacks and then Crosstreks over various trims to compare their pricing against other dealers).

After talking with the sales rep via email. I was able to go and see the car that same day, about 5 hours later. The car had been delivered to the lot that morning and was being pushed through the PDI so I could drive it. I think it was ready 5 minutes after my arrival. Test drive went well, and I was ready to purchase.

On the sales side of things, I had a great experience with mys sales rep (Dan McCarthy) and his manager (Kevin something). The only part I where I started to groan was when I had to speak with the woman whose job it was to sell us accessories and dealer add ons. She tried to hard sell every little thing and would get upset when I rejected offers. The overall process took about 3.5 hours (this included me leaving to pick up my wife in the middle). Overall a good experience. Due to Fitzgerald's prevalence in Maryland I think they generally offer highly competitive pricing and based on my experience I'd recommend that someone at least check them out during their car search.
Honest to goodness...when I get to that point I figure its their job to ask and my job to say NO! NOW CAN I HAVE MY KEYS SO I CAN GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE! Hour after hour it seems!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts