Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added this black trim to their crosstrek. The picture is of a 2013 Impreza

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Those will not fit the XV without some serious work, the bumper on the Impreza is very different from the Crosstrek. Those pieces cover a large void on the Impreza bumper and mount using a series of clips around the edges, if you remove them there is a space behind them that the fog mounts into and the bumper is recessed around the fog. The contour lines around the fog light on the Impreza also don't match the ones on the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah... They won't fit. Need to have the entire impreza bumper cover

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subir_roo said:
Those will not fit the XV without some serious work, the bumper on the Impreza is very different from the Crosstrek. Those pieces cover a large void on the Impreza bumper and mount using a series of clips around the edges, if you remove them there is a space behind them that the fog mounts into and the bumper is recessed around the fog. The contour lines around the fog light on the Impreza also don't match the ones on the Crosstrek.
Ahh. Good to know

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Since the Impreza fog light trim isn't do-able, how about trying to paint the rings around the fog lights black like in the Subaru XV Sport Concept? It's a nice little touch.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Look on eBay. There is a chrome beauty ring for the XV fogs. Get them and paint them black!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look into it

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't remember where but someone has used plastidip on the fog housing. That could be an option too. It's the new duct tape. You can do anything with it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
I don't remember where but someone has used plastidip on the fog housing. That could be an option too. It's the new duct tape. You can do anything with it.
I was going to sat this. Somewhere on this forum there is a pic of the housing plasti-dipped. Probably the easiest method to color the fog light housing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Look on eBay. There is a chrome beauty ring for the XV fogs. Get them and paint them black!
That's what I did to mine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nicely done!!! I like the look!!!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I knew the Subaru XV's fog lights needed something to give them a little more presence... the black trim as posted does the job PERFECTLY! Thanks for posting and sharing the pictures!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How does he trim ring stay in place?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Too bad the trim ring doesn't also have a wire mesh cover to protect the lights from rocks...

Reactions: nielkmot

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Skidder said:
Too bad the trim ring doesn't also have a wire mesh cover to protect the lights from rocks...
Definitely! The old bugeye Impreza had that option...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts