Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front Bumper License Plate holes are drilled at 22CM apart and all license plates are 18CM. The back plate holes are 18CM and fit fine. Called Subaru and they ordered me a bracket that has holes set at 18CM also and does not fit... Parts manager said he would have to do some "research".

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My front plate holes didn't match plate or the black metal Subaru mounting bracket I bought.
So just had Subaru install it; as didn't want to drill holes myself and mess anything up.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
First off, welcome riverman. If you have the time we would love for you to post an introduction of yourself over in Newbie Intros.

orpip said:
My front plate holes didn't match plate or the black metal Subaru mounting bracket I bought.
So just had Subaru install it; as didn't want to drill holes myself and mess anything up.
Did they charge for that? I know it may not technically be their problem, but it doesn't make sense to have two different spacings -- or is that common?

Also, did either have you have four holes in the front bumper? Some users do, but I only have two.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have only two as well. Really curious as to what is the determining factor for that...

·
Registered
714 Posts
The two larger holes are not meant for the plate mounts. They have something to do with the production of the bumper for other markets if I remember correctly. The plate is either screwed directly into the bumper or you can buy that mount from Subaru which also screws directly into the bumper but gives a more finished look for the plate.

The only difference between the cars with two holes (the finished two in the bumper from Subaru which are rather large) and four holes is that the cars with 4 holes had a dealer that mounted a plate to the front bumper with a couple of screws. Usually a dealer logo plate, which left behind two more holes where that dealer plate was removed.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Subir_roo said:
The two larger holes are not meant for the plate mounts. They have something to do with the production of the bumper for other markets if I remember correctly. The plate is either screwed directly into the bumper or you can buy that mount from Subaru which also screws directly into the bumper but gives a more finished look for the plate.

The only difference between the cars with two holes (the finished two in the bumper from Subaru which are rather large) and four holes is that the cars with 4 holes had a dealer that mounted a plate to the front bumper with a couple of screws. Usually a dealer logo plate, which left behind two more holes where that dealer plate was removed.
Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping to not have to drill additional holes as when I sell it (if ever) the new buyer may not want a front plate. I thought there may be an adapter bracket...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have 4 holes on mine. I have the two that are farther apart (looks like from factory), and two that the dealer installed to put their license plate cover on it.

i just ordered an oem license plate bracket from ebay.

Genuine Subaru Part Number: SOA342L120
the two factory installed holes looks like they line up to this one. I will get it in a few days and find out for sure.

on the outback it looks like this when its installed

ClubCrosstrek said:
First off, welcome riverman. If you have the time we would love for you to post an introduction of yourself over in Newbie Intros.

orpip said:
Did they charge for that? I know it may not technically be their problem, but it doesn't make sense to have two different spacings -- or is that common?

Also, did either have you have four holes in the front bumper? Some users do, but I only have two.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:

orpip said:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts