Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us that don't have front license plates but have the holes drilled into our bumpers anyways, does anyone have suggestions with what to put there? I want something simple, non-flashy and clean.

WRX guys have these http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/fastwrx_2241_382069176 so anything similar for the Crosstrek (could say Crosstrek or Subaru) would be great. Has anyone seen anything like this?

EDIT: Upon further research, I have found it's called a front license plate delete but I still can't find any that either say Subaru, Crosstrek, or are just blank -- all of them say STi/WRX or some performance company name.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm getting a Front Plate Delete from Rallysportdirect.com. It will either be their own branded delete or the Kartboy. I know Cobb also makes one. I'll probably also relocate the plate to lower portion of the bumper since police in San Jose love giving the "no plate" fix it ticket".

·
Registered
500 Posts
I absolutely can't stand anything on the front of my car. I'm just a fan of simple things. The back of my xv will be debadged, etc. The ideal fix for me would be body-color plugs that make it look like there were never any holes there in the first place. Alas...

Or maybe one that says Subaru. But the STI/WRX ones aren't for me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Color matched plugs are an option. Just search for "Bumper plugs"

·
Registered
500 Posts
hmm, thanks for that. guess you can find anything if you know what you're looking for. bumperplugs.com looks expensive (and don't appear to have desert khaki color), but there were quite a few diy posts out there.

How easy is it to get hands on touch-up paint for our XVs?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just got mine on Monday so no idea. A quick call to your dealership is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm getting the unibar. I like the look of it.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Xtrekr said:
From where? Does Subaru have an OEM one?
Only in our wildest dreams.

With Subaru's emphasis on safety (which includes pedestrian safety), it doesn't surprise me that most newer OEM offerings of bumper/guards have all but disappeared.

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Xtrekr said:
From where? Does Subaru have an OEM one?
The only one I found is mostly for looks and lights.

Lightforce sells them on amazon for $88

·
Registered
927 Posts
It was referred to me by another XV owner. It's not XV specific for sure but it's metal and mounts to plate holes. For more strength, it's recommended to mount to steel bumper support behind the bumper

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm just wondering how many sets of holes everyone has...Our has a set of holes & then another spot with the screws in it...here's a pic of what I'm talking about

·
Registered
927 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
I'm just wondering how many sets of holes everyone has...Our has a set of holes & then another spot with the screws in it...here's a pic of what I'm talking about
hmm.... I will have to look....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts