Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a nice custom front plate with my outdoor club's logo made. It arrived yesterday so I went to install it just to find that there were no screws for the plate holder.

Should the dealer have supplied the screws?

If not, what type and size should I use?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't believe they're dealer-supplied unless they put a dealer plate on the front.

I'm afraid I'm no help on what to use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In Texas we are required to have a license plate on the front of the vehicle, when my permanent plates arrived I was surprised to see that Subaru didn't provide any plate holder or predrilled holes and that the dealership attached the plates with only two screws to the front bumper.

·
Registered
74 Posts
javyher said:
In Texas we are required to have a license plate on the front of the vehicle, when my permanent plates arrived I was surprised to see that Subaru didn't provide any plate holder or predrilled holes and that the dealership attached the plates with only two screws to the front bumper.
Yeah - me too - I went and bought a plate holder at Oreileys for about $5 - we'll see if it works when I get my tags. I saw Subaru sells one for like $28 - seems a little high to me?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came with the plat holder installed and it looks to be aligned correctly. There just aren't any screws for the play to attach to the holder.

Guess I'll stop by the dealer this weekend and see if they can give me a couple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts