Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Found a shop run by a husband and wife team from India that's been in business for 30 years. They tinted the fronts for $75 using Madico. They seem to do really awesome work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chasem said:
That looks great - blends well
Thanks. I'm really happy with the work they did. You can see it even better from the front

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Looks awesome :D When we get this one paid off in a couple years (this one is hubby's technically but he lets me drive it some!lol) and we get another one I'm thinking I'll get the tangerine orange...I love our khaki but don't want two of the same color! The orange with the tinted windows looks awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
what brand of tint did they use for the front windows? im looking to tint the front as well, but i dont want the shades of tint to not match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
swfire271 said:
And what is the tint percentage that was used? Looks great! Want to get mine done soon.
Madico Charcool is the brand - I think it was the "Charcool 35". If you want to get more advanced specs you can drop this place a note and ask them for more details on their legal tint. They only use this one line of film so they'll know what you're talking about:

http://www.supertintandalarm.com/

I've read on other forums that some people haven't been happy with their attempts to tint the fronts. I was a bit concerned about how it would come out but it matches well - looks like a factory job. I'm not a window film expert so I was skeptical about anything not 3M but I did my research and discovered Madico is a well known and respected brand in the industry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Confirmed that it is - Madico Charcool (CH-35-XSR) which is about as low as I can go in Texas on the front windows. You can go darker or lighter (20%-35%-55%) depending on state laws but the color/shade match should work well with the factory tint with any of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks great. I really want to get my fronts done, even something pretty light, but California doesn't allow any percentage on the fronts.

I'm thinking about risking it, though.
As long as you don't 'make yourself known' ( you know what I mean ) you should be fine.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
Xtrekr said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks great. I really want to get my fronts done, even something pretty light, but California doesn't allow any percentage on the fronts.

I'm thinking about risking it, though.
As long as you don't 'make yourself known' ( you know what I mean ) you should be fine.....
Yeah but then I'm worried about passing inspection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
We are gonna try to get our Crosstrek in to retint our windows we are so unhappy how they turned out I've taken it back to the same place 2 times but I don't think they really did anything the 2nd time so screw it we're taking it where we had our truck done & they did a wonderful job! CrossTrekfan yours turned out how our truck looks & it looks awesome! So here's hoping we can finally get what we want!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
swfire271 said:
And what is the tint percentage that was used? Looks great! Want to get mine done soon.
Madico Charcool is the brand - I think it was the "Charcool 35". If you want to get more advanced specs you can drop this place a note and ask them for more details on their legal tint. They only use this one line of film so they'll know what you're talking about:

http://www.supertintandalarm.com/

I've read on other forums that some people haven't been happy with their attempts to tint the fronts. I was a bit concerned about how it would come out but it matches well - looks like a factory job. I'm not a window film expert so I was skeptical about anything not 3M but I did my research and discovered Madico is a well known and respected brand in the industry.
I'm going to stop by their shop Saturday. Did you have to make an appointment and how long did they take to do the fronts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LarryA said:
I'm going to stop by their shop Saturday. Did you have to make an appointment and how long did they take to do the fronts?
I didn't make an appointment. I just stopped in right around the time they opened on Saturday morning. They had two people working on it so it took maybe 15-20 minutes. The junior guy had 20 years experience and the owner 30. They knew what they were doing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tmorgan66030 said:
We are gonna try to get our Crosstrek in to retint our windows we are so unhappy how they turned out I've taken it back to the same place 2 times but I don't think they really did anything the 2nd time so screw it we're taking it where we had our truck done & they did a wonderful job! CrossTrekfan yours turned out how our truck looks & it looks awesome! So here's hoping we can finally get what we want!
Tinting your windows seems so simple but it can turn into a major pain. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
tmorgan66030 said:
We are gonna try to get our Crosstrek in to retint our windows we are so unhappy how they turned out I've taken it back to the same place 2 times but I don't think they really did anything the 2nd time so screw it we're taking it where we had our truck done & they did a wonderful job! CrossTrekfan yours turned out how our truck looks & it looks awesome! So here's hoping we can finally get what we want!
Tinting your windows seems so simple but it can turn into a major pain. Good luck!
This is my 1st experience of NOT being happy with my tint so yeah it has turned into a major pain!lol
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top