Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Thursday I agreed in terms to purchase a vehicle from a dealer in North Dallas. The vehicle was actually in Houston and they were doing a dealer trade for it. Friday they confirmed all was good , and they had agreed with the Houston dealer. However, the car was at the rail head in Houston and they said it would arrive at the Houston dealership Monday...

Fast forward to today (wednesday) ...still no car at Houston dealer. No one seems to be able to know when it's coming. How is this possible? How do you not know where the inventory is and where and when it will arrive?

Worst part is Ive got a trip planned leaving Friday evening and since they have my trade in I am stuck driving a little Honda they gave me. Unfortunately I'm supposed to take my Lab and my Mountain Bike with me on said trip....obviously not going to happen with the Honda.

Ok, done venting.

:mad:

·
Registered
567 Posts
There are numerous stories about this. Not sure how the dealer loses inventory. I had the same thing happen to me. I waited 3 months and opted to search for the car else where using the Subaru dealer website. I drove an hour to get it from another dealer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's crazy is that it's "at the railhead" apparently in Houston which is a six hour drive.

I just can't comprehend how you don't know when you are getting a certain car which is said to be sitting in Houston. Is it not possible to just go get it? or do dealers have to wait to have it delivered to them?

I have the VIN and everything, even called the dealer myself down there. In todays world of tracking and computer inventory it's just shocking to me they don't know exactly when it is coming.

Imagine being one of the sales persons and not knowing when the car you are trying to sell when even arrive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andthereyouare said:
There are numerous stories about this. Not sure how the dealer loses inventory. I had the same thing happen to me. I waited 3 months and opted to search for the car else where using the Subaru dealer website. I drove an hour to get it from another dealer.

Good luck.

Was yours a dealer trade as well?

What were they telling you was the delay?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts