Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Was traveling from Bend, OR USA to Chico, CA USA (352miles) at 63mph via cruze-control ! 41.1mpg/avg !! Sorry for the dusty display...was frickn windy as hell ! (Sun 5/5)

360miles and almost 1/2 left ! 500+miles outa this tank fo sho !! Wasn't 'pussyfootn' at all...route thru Mt.Shasta ain't no 'ride-thru-the-park'...frequent elevation changes...was kickn back & lettn the CVT do it's thing...
Pushn 3k on this baby...diggn it !!

Sittn tite in the garage after Sunday's run...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's easy ! I had like two cars to pass and that was it...there's a lotta 65-70mph speed limit stretches after u hit I-5 (comn down outa Shasta) and all that but...big fkn deal ! I've done this drive a gazillion times in a buncha different vehicles...gone 80mph etc. before and at 63mph, I made it in (Chico from Bend) exactly the same time as when I drove like a crazy person !...like I said, I just let the CVT do its thang, kicked back and enjoyed the ride !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ClubCrosstrek said:
Wow, that's nuts! Like suuichi, I usually average around 26mpg, though my driving is 90% stop and go.
I grew up in Hollywood, CA...left in '88, opened a Japanese Restaurant in Bend, OR (Yoko's www.yokosushi.com)...sold it after 23yrs and moved down (342miles south ! No biggee !) to Chico, CA in2 my 'investment rental' house (Jan 14, '13) a friend built for me back in '06...bought my SQUASH endo March and now I'm out here to cause as much mirth & mayhem as possible...

I know why I moved outa LA now...so I could get better gas mileage... ;-}

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thats some awesome mpg there Steeba. I wont be going on a long trip for several months, but I hope I can pull the same level of efficiency!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlexAlejan said:
Thats some awesome mpg there Steeba. I wont be going on a long trip for several months, but I hope I can pull the same level of efficiency!
Surprised the sh** outa me too, Alex ! Put in a fresh tank, thought to myself, "I'm gonna take it easy this time back to Chico..." realizing I almost gotta visit from one o' OR's finest during my last venture ! U'll go thru a cupla passes here & there but stick to ur guns & enjoy the ride. Like I said earlier in a post somewhere (forgot already !), I made the same time as when I was huffn n puffn tryin' to set new land speed world record as I did cruzn along at 62-63mph w/Ms.CVT...u can do it, sir !!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe ya. With smart driving, you can easily squeeze more out of the 33 mpg hwy rating.. If you pay attention, you get the most fuel economy between 55-60 mph. And that's the reason 55 mph was the speed of choice when speed limits started being imposed, for fuel economy, not safety.

However, depending on the highway, 55 mph is senior citizen driving and annoying to most drivers, so let's step it up to 60+ okay?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XVEwing said:
I believe ya. With smart driving, you can easily squeeze more out of the 33 mpg hwy rating.. If you pay attention, you get the most fuel economy between 55-60 mph. And that's the reason 55 mph was the speed of choice when speed limits started being imposed, for fuel economy, not safety.

However, depending on the highway, 55 mph is senior citizen driving and annoying to most drivers, so let's step it up to 60+ okay?
I agree XV, 55mph is 'Gramps' material...I think a steady pace around 62-65mph is the key to crankn out the cool mpg's from these modern XV/CVT's...plus, I've got the Nav/sys so u get an endless supply of media for hours on end ! Sirius, iPhone, iPod, AM/FM (what are those ?!!) and countless other Bluetooth appendages u can add on eat up the hours behind the wheel quite nicely ! Plus, let's hear it for the leather interior...seating's a delite !

Seat covers anybody ? Old hoodies never die, rite ?!! NOTE: (steeba is noted for bein' a cheap ass...)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also get 41MPG, when I'm going downhill maybe!!!! I normally drive between 70-85MPH and I get from 25 to 33 MPG on flat roads!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts