Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested here is how I solve my garage door opener problem. I do not like garage door openers hanging on the visor or laying on the console. Yesterday I installed a Flash2Pass Transmitter in the XV Crosstrek it was very easy.

Been using Flash2Pass on all my vehicles for many years and they have been trouble free and the transmitter can be installed on up to 6 vehicles.

While you are driving up your driveway flash the headlights twice and the garage door opens, could not be any easier. Once in the garage flash headlights twice and the door closes or get out of the car go to the switch on the wall press button and garage door closes your choose. Just reverse the process when you leave.

Something to think about when you trade vehicles remove transmitter from old and install on new vehicle, what could be anymore cost effective.

Note: If anyone wants instructions or tips on installing unit will be happy to post.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sounds cool... I have the home link built into my rear view mirror... Programmed in like a minute for two garage doors

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
603 Posts
Had not heard of this either. Sounds really cool! I have the home link in my rear view mirror too. Tool a few tries to get it connected because we a rolling id opener or some such thing. I like the convenience of all the ideas... But still have to remember to take a separate opener with you if your drop the car off at the shop and get a loaner to come back in. Lol!

·
Registered
927 Posts
So it's not the flashing lights that opens the door... Rather the action of flashing... Sending the signal. Correct?

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Xtrekr said:
So it's not the flashing lights that opens the door... Rather the action of flashing... Sending the signal. Correct?
Good question. I live on a corner and ifnitnis light activated, that might be an issue.
C

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the headlights do not cause the garage door to open and close. You hard wire a Transmitter to your high beam lights and when you flash your headlights with the turn signal switch both the headlights and transmitters will be activated. Which causes a receiver in the garage to receive the signal to open and close your garage door.

This is being installed on a motorcycle but gives you a good understanding how to install and it works.

Go to you tube and search for Flash 2 Pass - Motorcycle Garage door opener Chrome World
youtube.com/watch?v=2xYBjzH7U48

·
Registered
927 Posts
I did after I posted. Thanks. I was gonna say.... What stops infinite people from opening your garage? Lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That's pretty cool. I have a garage with opener (that hangs from my visor) but I don't actually park in there most of the time so it hasn't been an issue. I would definitely go for the Flash2Pass if I parked in my garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please post instructions if you have them. I have a 2016 Crosstrek and want to install my F2P unit, just don't want to mess with wrong wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts