Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning on my way to work I filled up a full tank of gas . My work is .1 miles from the pumps. When I reversed in to park I could hear the gas swishing around and hear it hitting the sides of the gas tank. I have never heard this before in any vehicle. Any thoughts

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not heard this in my XV. But I usually have the radio up too loud. I will keep an ear out

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've not heard this at all, and I drive about 50% of the time with no music on.

The only sloshing I've ever heard was from the water I spilled in the cargo area that gathered in the spare tire well. There was a definite sloshing there.

Do you have a sun roof? I've heard (at least on my friend's VW) that if the drains in those get clogged, you can end up with a wet trunk - perhaps you have water pooled under the cargo area?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Haven't heard this in my XV either. I have however heard this in my 2009 Impreza OBS a few times. Never bothered me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I heard the same thing last week after filling my tank so I thinks its normal. It was pretty noticeable and almost sounded like I had a big water keg swishing around in my back seat. I guess there isn't much baffling in the tank to keep the gas from sloshing around. I guess the amount of sound deadening is also pretty minimal as well.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I havent heard this, and I drive often with the radio off because I am in a constant war with my crossbars (trying to find the sweet spot)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information everyone . Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you guys are topping off, the evap system may be struggling to breathe, especially if you top off and then park the car before the gas can go down. Topping off can cause you to have vent valve and canister purge valve issues down the road.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never topped off. Only allowing it to automatically stop itself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts