Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, brand new here. I need y’all’s input. I am beginning to build an overlander with my crosstreck 2017. What are the musts to get this vehicle ready for the trails. I am going to get it lifted with a 2 inch lift kit.... i am looking at ADF and rough country.... my first question is tires.... what the hell can I fit under there? I want to get larger and beefier.... its my ego. I ahve read Allot of the sub threads and still am not sure what i can get away with. I love the 235s. i will take it into a shop and have them instal the lift kit and do the mods needed so i dont rub. have any of yall ran into issues and what size of rims did yall put on the 235s? Any help would be VERY appreciated! What other mods are early needs?
Thanks yall
Ps. Before y’all tell me to read the threads... I read each article in the first 30 pages and utilized the search feature to look for 235 Tires and 2 inch lifts... none of the articles answered the question i am posing.... soooo if i missed it i would appreciate the direction!
again, thanks
Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2” lift on my 2018 with 235/75/15 had to do a little trimming fit is tight but looks mean.
Man yours is a beast! I love that 2018! love the 235s but my wife hates the cuts on most of the crosstrecks haha i didnt notice yours though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even with a 2" lift 235's will require some cutting. 225 or 215 are the go tos.
Yeah I appreciate the response. We decided to go with the 225 and a beefy tire. The 2017 just dont look super awesome with a cut up front end haha i have seen a couple I wasn’t horrified by but the majority i am like man that is awful. And lets be honest if your vehicle doesn’t look good when doing cool guy stuff, are you Really doing cool guy stuff? lol. Appreciate the response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts