Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: The Peach State!

Used to but left Loganville/Gwinnette Co a while back. Our Son was born in Marrietta and now our Grandkids live in Alpharetta.

Sooo we have ties to Hotlanta. Plan is to retire in N Ga or S SC when the time is right.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Wingnut said:
Used to but left Loganville/Gwinnette Co a while back. Our Son was born in Marrietta and now our Grandkids live in Alpharetta.

Sooo we have ties to Hotlanta. Plan is to retire in N Ga or S SC when the time is right.
Cool! I am just north of Alpharetta and used to work there. I just use Atlanta as my address because no one has heard of Cumming,GA.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah man, I love the outdoors. I usually just do camping with my family. I used to hike a lot not so much anymore...sill got all my gear though. How you liking your XV?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Just joined and I'm from the Sugar Hill area. I realize that this thread is a little old, but I wanted to see if there are more Crosstrek owners in Georgia now. My long winded way of saying...Bump!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

subieCS14 said:
Just joined and I'm from the Sugar Hill area. I realize that this thread is a little old, but I wanted to see if there are more Crosstrek owners in Georgia now. My long winded way of saying...Bump!
I'll be lookin for ya along Hwy 20!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Anyone want to drive some North Georgia gravel forest roads? I know lots.

·
Registered
37 Posts

East Cobb! Just moved here from south Cobb (kids in school) about a year ago. This XV should give better MPG than the Ford Freestyle that had been my daily driver.

Looking forward to the next winter storm. My pearl white "Stormtrooper" needs to be initiated!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

duckredbeard said:
East Cobb! Just moved here from south Cobb (kids in school) about a year ago. This XV should give better MPG than the Ford Freestyle that had been my daily driver.

Looking forward to the next winter storm. My pearl white "Stormtrooper" needs to be initiated!
The stormtrooper wont let you down! I am thinking of us having a light offroad day sometime soon. Any takers?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
7 Posts
coletrain said:
wanderers_jon said:
Checking in from Buford; I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)
Awesome, we have been having some offroad adventures lately so keep an eye out for posts here as well as the link below...

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/events-meets/34897-atlanta-north-atlanta-crosstrek-meet.html.
Sounds good

Heading up to Cherokee National Forest this weekend, it'll be the first run off tarmac for me in the XV. Been going to same area for +10yrs, this'll be the first time in anything but a Rover, looking forward to it ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realize this thread is a month and a half old or so, but I thought I'd say....we're also from Georgia (around the Kennesaw area.) Sadly, we are Crosstrek-less. Right after I signed the dotted line to purchase, and we proceeded to take our sedan on a 5,000 miles road trip this Summer, my husband says, "we should have bought a Crosstrek." Hindsight and all of that. We're waiting to buy one next year so I can trade in my Honda towards one. I am sure our two dogs would appreciate some more room as well (German Shepherd and a Pit Bull.)

We have an '05 TJ to get off-road kicks out of, and our Crosstrek, although my daily (commute) driver will also be modded out for light off-road (mainly F.S. roads) use as well.

Gonna prowl the forum in the meantime getting some ideas and such.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone wanting to do some light off-roading please PM me so I can let you in on our next Atlanta Area/North Georgia Offroad event!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's up everyone, new here. Just bought my crosstrek and I love it so far. I live in Marietta, not far from kennesaw. Let's get together and take these things off-road (slightly)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What's up everyone, new here. Just bought my crosstrek and I love it so far. I live in Marietta, not far from kennesaw. Let's get together and take these things off-road (slightly)
Sounds good. I'll post up the next one sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts